Chapter 17

Now it's time for an inconclusive summary much like a certain movie franchise in order to leave you at the edge of your seat. But also much like that certain movie franchise, you should never leave before the end of the credits. Who knows what treasures lay waiting in the scene beyond?

Dan sat near Phil on the settee. The settee that had witness breakups, meltdowns and who knows what else? Unlike the boys, the settee hadn't seemed to care. Then again, it had probably built up a good tolerance to pretty much everything considering it had people sitting on it all the time. Poor guy.

Anyway, Dan and Phil were near each other and that was all anyone could ask for. "Hey Dan?" Phil questioned.
"What?" Dan asked, sitting up slightly from his slouched position.
"Do you think something bad will happen to us?" Slowly, he shuffled closer to Dan and put his arm around his boyfriend's shoulders.
"What's that supposed to mean?" The younger one asked.
"Everything bad in the world seems to be slowly but surly happening to us. We are both crazy," He breathed in deeply.
"Speak for yourself." Dan giggled.
"Hush, we keep breaking up," Yet again Phil was interrupted.
"And getting back together!" Dan interjected.
"That's not the point, I, well I did a terrible thing, we both seem to be getting worse and, and Dan I'm scared."
"Phil, shut up." For a moment Dan looked playful until he noticed how serious and genuinely scared his boyfriend seemed to be.
"But-" Phil began.
"Phil, do you love me?"
"Of course I-" Dan cut Phil off once more but this time, for a much better reason. Slowly and passionately, they kissed. No one was getting hurt any time soon. No one was on the edge of their seat waiting for the next bad thing to happen. They were calm and for once, they were both happy.

They sat happily at the dining table with a bowl of measly salad in front of each of them. Somehow, they'd made a silent agreement between them that whatever Phil would eat, Dan would also eat. At first, Dan found it horrible so he thought it would be a great idea to complain about being hungry all the time. In a way, it worked. Phil would feel sorry for him so would make them both a sandwich. To help Dan, Phil decided to simply talk to him. He stayed nearby as much as possible and considering neither of them were up to leaving the flat, they were near each other verging on constantly. Not that either of them minded that at all. Eating salad together had become a fun thing to do together over time and as much as Dan hated it, he was happy Phil was eating. Phil only seemed to enjoy it though because Dan would complain about every leaf, tomato and anything else he could find to moan about. That man really did know how to make Phil smile. 

Life had seemed to go much better since they spent a night looking at the stars. Dan had been okay, minus the few nightmares and Phil had seemed happy, minus the few times Dan found him crying in the bathroom. It would never be perfect, but perfect wasn't what they needed. They needed each other.