Chapter 18

"Do you want coffee or tea Phil?"
"Coffee please." Phil's eyes were glued to the MacBook in front of him whilst waiting for his boyfriend of seven years to make him coffee. A soft hum of electrics was settled silently on their quaint apartment. Things seemed normal to the outside world. Boyfriends living the picket fence life in the middle of London. Okay, maybe not that normal then. But things had definitely changed, for the better? I can safely say that they had.

Sometimes Dan still woke up screaming at the imaginary people around him. Sometimes Phil broke down crying in the bathroom after meals. Sometimes they were normal. Not exactly what society would call normal. But normal for them, and that was okay.

Since they had both been discharged as confused teenagers in a spiral of a never changing routine, things had been okay. They met most weekends and shared scattered thoughts under a blanket of stars. They couldn't do that anymore. Not because the stars had gone out but because of something much less philosophical. It was because they already saw each other every day. Stargazing has been put back on the menu, but they stuck to their way they had created to let them lay peacefully together with the world revolving solely around them.
"Coffee's ready Phil."
"Thanks Dan."
Some things never change. In the end, their lives had been retold with these simple words;

Dan loved Phil.
Phil loved Dan.
And that,
Was all they needed.

But, who's ever heard of a love story about how perfect someone's life is? As it turns out, they do exist and now that this fairytale is fizzling out, you may as well go seek one out.