Chapter 13: Code name: Shirokiyami

The inside of my brain was painted in white.

My thoughts were suspended, the scene in front of me was so unrealistic that I felt like it wasn't real, It was almost as if I was seeing the world from a computer screen and spectating some kind of FPS game.

In the residential area where the sun was beginning to set and evening was about to arrive, Taiyou stood in an upright fashion.

In the space that seemed to exude darkness——a white girl appeared.

The girl had a slender build and she was holding an unbalanced sword in her hand.

An attack!

Even if he realised what was happening inside his brain, Taiyou continued to stand still without moving a muscle.

The swaying street light reflected a dark grey light.

The dazzling sword........approaches before his eyes!

「Taiyou-chan!」

「—-tsu!」

Taiyou whom barely reacted to his name being called, fiercely kicked the earth beneath his feet and flew backwards. Because it was so unpredictable, he landed in a unsightly/clumsy way falling unto his back, however, thanks to his timely response he was able to avoid the blade which blurred and sliced the wind creating a howling sound.

「Taiyou-chan are you ok!?」

With half his brain still paralyzed from the amount of killing intent that poured towards him, he looked in the direction that the voice came from. Before he was aware of it, what appeared in front of him was the worried expression of his level up fairy, Hera.

Gradually, his thoughts began to settle and he regained some control over his body.

「........I'm safe, there's no problem」

「I'm so glad〜.....」

He patted the head of Hera who seemed like she could cry at any moment, and he slowly pushed himself up from the ground.

「What a strange, person」

The girl mutters. Taiyou rebuilt his stance, and looked at the girl who launched the slashing attack at him.

what stood before him was an unbalanced girl.

a distinctive feature of hers, was her long white hair which reached the back of her knees and was fluttering in the wind. possessing a skin that was similar in colour to her hair (albino skin), and red boundless eyes which seemed to be looking at everything and nothing at the same time.

In contrast to all of this, she was wearing a black gothic Lolita dress, which portrayed a witch like image.

on top of her white(fair) look she covered it with black clothing.

That was not the end of her imbalanced look, She appeared to be around 140 centimetres tall but she was holding a normal Japanese katana that had a wooden handle.

She was still standing in her battle Iai pose, whilst she looked at Taiyou in a mysterious way. (Iai battle stance = Kenshin move, the one where he draws his sword and uses that momentum to make an attack and immediately sheaths it again.)

「You....who are you?」

Taiyou questions her. Maybe because his brain wasn't working properly yet, rather than asking why she attacked him, Taiyou was more interested in who she was.

「My name is not worth mentioning」

After the girl declared such a thing, she tilted her head as if she suddenly remembered something.