Chapter 25: Bird in a Cradle

Junishima.

It is an isolated/solitary island located on the side of the Sea of Japan. If compared to the two major Islands of Okinawa and Sado, it is ranked third in terms of how wide/large it is.

On the one side, Junishima Island was quite a famous place for being a "village" that actually had a population of one million people.

From a geographic point of view, since it has been recorded in history, the period where Junishima Island escaped the influence of the Japanese Imperial Court is rare, similarly the period in which the island was put under the complete rule of the Court is also rare. Whilst they were submitting their self to the Japanese Imperial Court, at the same time, they were also building their original political power, this is the place known as Junishima Island.

Even now the Junishima Clan rules over the island, and various original laws have been enacted, it was a region with a certain kind of extraterritorial rights.

Amongst the many possessions that the Junishima Clan has within the mainland, the Junishima Feudal Lord Mansion located in Seikasono Town is one where several men from the clan had gathered.

Even there reception hall spanned over 30 meters squared. When entering there would be four men and four women standing in wait for guests. Three people would be kneeling on the side in a straight line waiting to fix the collars of those who entered, and there was a person sitting on the head seat which was on the other side of a bamboo blind.

Although the figure can't clearly be distinguished due to being behind the bamboo blind, the silhouette is like a woman.

Her name is Junishima Youran, A very important person within the Junishima clan, she is a woman whom is going to become their next clan head for the next term.

Next to her, a man with glasses and who looked sharp and intellectual was sitting on her left, his name was Junishima Kaizen, and he started to make an announcement.

「I will go over the Teresa plan right now. If we take into account the reality of Naburu Minaogawa and the transmigration of Meme Onagawa, the plan should be able to proceed accordingly. Therefore, we will now be advancing to plan the next stage and the extra budget—」

「Kaizen」

Interrupting his word, is a woman of middle age who sits in the center. Her looks to be around fifty and it is being concealed due to the application of heavy makeup.........However, due to the excessiveness of the makeup, it actually accentuated her aging and is counterproductive.

She.......is Junishima Tsubaki, one of the pillars of the Junishima clan with heavy influence/authority in the clan matters.

Although they were both influential, the difference between the older woman (Tsubaki) and the younger one (Kaizen) in terms of authority is as big as the heaven and the earth.

「Tsubaki-sama......」(Kaizen speaking)

「You are only permitted to attend this meeting in order report the findings, was I mistaken? 」

A rotten voice that sticked to you like a gooey substance resounded from the old woman, Kaizen immediately endured the feeling of nausea with a jerk as he lowered his head and bowed deeply.

「It is just like you said」

「In that case, I would like you to refrain from any action that is unexpected ever again, is that clear?」 (Tsubaki is referring to how Kaizen was about to talk about his next plan, instead of ending the report)

「...........Yes」

「Was that the end of the report?」

「...........It was the end」