Four minutes

Millie liked Ally because Ally knew how to read her expressions through make up.

There was a time when Millie felt sad and her tears felt like dropping, but she had a presscon for Ominous Beliefs, so Ally gave her a nude matte lipstick and a plain peach facial whip. Matched with perfect clear waterproof mascara.

Another was when Millie felt light and happy. It was one of the rarest times where she felt quite light, smiling a little, even if it was indeed crooked and bent. Ally made sure that Millie's make up made her look radiant. She got her a pink eyeshadow in a salmon shade that matched her skirt. Her lips were tinted with a matte stand out shade, her cheekbones emphasized.

But today, for her last interview before her career will take a big break, it was not sadness, nor regret, but fury. Anger.

Millie liked styling herself. She would be the one to confidently choose her own outfit with full confidence. Today, she got a white hanging off shoulder top that was matched with a ruffling lacey white skirt. Getting some sparkly white flats, she put a white flower crown adorned with gems on her head.

Ally sensed the different type of emotion this girl was feeling. She went simple on the outfit, expressed on the make up.

Getting a red matte lipstick, she carefully applied it on Millie's supple and plump lips. "So," Ally began. "I guess this is goodbye, Millie."

Ally turned her back to get a blushing rouge to put on her cheekbones. Millie sighed. "Im sorry, Ally."

Both of them were stunned at Millie's sudden apology. Her tone was softened compared to her usual cold and cool clarity.

"I just feel like I owe you one. All Ive ever been to you was a brat and a pain in the ass." she whispered. She held her tears. She did not want to cry as Ally witnessed it. She wouldnt ruin her make up for her very last interview.

"Millie.." Ally was the one who started tearing up. "I.. I just want to let you know that I am not saddened or anything with the personality you show. I know its fake, I know its a cover up for the hurt you experience. It hurts me that you never once thought of sharing it with me." her voice was sad and bitter. She pursed her lips.

"I.. I am really sorry. I-- I--.."

And just as fast as that, as fast as four minutes, Millie reminded herself.. you are attaching yourself to someone again.

She automatically stiffened, her face rigid. She forced her fingers out of Ally's hand placed on top of hers. "I.. I think my make up is done, Ally." her voice was back to cold, stiff, and lifeless.

The emotion in her voice would barely ve identified.

;

"Finn! Hey Finn!" Charlie called while running to him, carrying his sack of potatoes. "Hi, Charlie." Finn grunted as he ran his fingers through his hair. "What were you to tell me?" he asked.

Charlie smirked. "You ever heard of that famous Millie Bobby Brown?"

Finn frowned. "I know she's old man Clint's niece. Why on earth would she be famous?"

Charlie chuckled. "Clueless. She's that famous actress!" he said with a smile.

Finn snorted as he grabbed his net and placed his rod beside him. "I bet 5 bucks you will fall in love with her. Have you even seen her picture? Ol' man Clint has thousands of 'em. That's why probably Natalia is jealous as hell, knowing that her cousin has more pictures than her." Charlie commented while nudging Finn.

Finn looked at him with disbelief. "Number one, Im sure that that girl isnt my type, in all means. Number two, photographs are hella expensive, and number three, you like Natalia, so no comment."

Charlie's face turned sour.

"Whatever," he said while rolling his eyes. "I will just watch you eat your words. I heard she will be coming this Sunday."

"She wont even last a minute in here.. four minutes at maximum," Finn joked. "Bye Charlie, need to get fish. Tomorrow is market day."

a.n

dont have anything to do with life so 2 chapters in a day! lolz 💕 claire btw deleted her story "through the internet", so if you are wondering why its now "take a chance" she changed it. go read it, its awesome! changed my cover btw, whatcha think? dont be a silent reader, vote and comment.