Chapter Two

Eight Years Later

Genevieve's POV

"Papa!" I shout. "Breakfast is ready."

"Coming." He scurries down the stairs quickly and takes his seat at the head of the wood table. I take the seat on his right, Vi next to me. "So what is on the agenda for today?"

"I believe it's more training Papa." Vi says, I groan loudly.

"What else am I supposed to learn? I swear to the Moon Goddess, I still have bruises from the first time."

"Oh calm yourself sis. Do you not find it fun?"

"I do, it's just doing the same things repeatedly is getting dull. Can't you teach us something new? Perhaps a new weapon or something?"

"There is nothing new to teach child, you know how to use a bow and arrow, daggers, swords. I have nothing else to offer, perhaps now you should start to teach Violet the languages that you have been studying." Papa says. I nod enthusiastically, while Vi takes her turn to groan.

"Don't you find it fun?" I say, mocking her earlier words. She grunts again and heads back inside the tent, "I'll have her speaking Latin fluently by the end of the year papa."

"Good luck with that my child." I smile and kiss his cheek before following Vi into the tent.

"Violet, you cannot hide from me, I must teach you to speak in Latin."

"Why?!" She whines.

"Do stop with the whining, you're fifteen almost sixteen. Come on." She steps down from her hiding place and takes a seat next to me on the straw. "So, I've already come up with a way to teach you. I'm going to have speaking on the first day of the week where you will learn to pronounce the words. On the second day you will learn to write, the third how to read, then on the fourth we shall use visual aids, and on the fifth day we shall train physically using the Latin words. Understand?"

"Yes mother."

"Just remember you taught me first." I say through a laugh. After three hours of studying, Vi has a small grasp on the language. She seems to be enjoying it to, which makes my job easier.

We fall asleep on the hay after the lesson, we slept for a few hours before jolting awake to the sounds of fighting. We tear open the curtain to see the camp in ruins, most of the pack lying on the floor. "Shift Vi and help them." I demand.

"But what about you?"

"Oh I have my ways." I say smirking, Vi shifts and runs beside me as I sprint to the weapons locker. I grab every weapon and dive into the fray.

I slice through shoulders, rib cages and legs. I leave three dead rogues behind me as I pounce on another who was about to hurt Vi. She stares at me while I plunge the dagger into the wolf's back.

The wolf collapses, I wipe the blade clean on my sleeve and turn around expecting more to be there. I frown in confusion before turning back to Vi. She shifts back into a human and puts some clothes on. "Are you hurt?" I ask her.

"No, are you?" I shake my head before turning my head towards the tent. "Where is Papa?" I hear a small gasp and run straight to wear it came from.

"Papa!" I scream, when I see the hole in his stomach. "No, no, no, not again. Please don't leave us!" I shout as I press my hands down on the wound desperate to do anything.

"It's okay my children, as long as you are okay I will be fine. I shall aid you from above, look after each other my daughters. I love you both."

"We love you so much." We say simultaneously, his kind smile turns into a grimace and he takes his last breath. I collapse into Vi, we support each other easily.

"You're ALPHA now." I whisper to her.

"There is no pack, besides I don't want to be an Alpha that's just not who I am."

"I don't understand."

"You will be Alpha some day and I will be your Beta."

"But it is your birth rite, besides I'm not even a-" before I end the sentence the air becomes a hazy blue colour. "You see this too, don't you?" I question.

"Yes." We begin to lift off the ground and raw power floods into our veins turning our blood to ice and skin to fire. We turn to a ghostly figure with an aura of power so strong it burned being in her presence. Her long hair draped down her back to her waist, her blue dress scraping the floor. "Who are you?" Vi asks her voice raw with pain.

"I am the Moon Goddess." Her melodic voice calms us instantly.

"I thought you were a myth..." Vi says before wiping her eyes clear from tears.

"What just happened to us?" I ask cautiously, frightened of the answer.

"I transformed you both into Lycans."

"Are we supposed to know what that is?" Vi asks rather rudely, I quickly elbow her in the stomach hoping to remind her who she's talking to. Her rudeness doesn't faze the Goddess, she simply smiles and carries on.

"A Lycan is ten times stronger than an Alpha Male. It also comes with powers, abilities so to speak, magic. It also comes with immortality."

"I don't understand why you would bestow such a gift on us." I reason.

"You are both more important than you may realise, in the coming years you must learn how to control your powers and of course learn to hide your true identity from those around you."

"How are we to do that?" Vi asks.

"I will help you, for now you must find an abandoned place, far from here and set up. When you have found one, just say Artemis and I shall come."

"What is Artemis?" I ask.

"Artemis is my real name. Now knowing my name gives someone great power over me, so you must promise not to speak it to anyone."

"We promise." We say simultaneously.

"You must move girls for they will be back with more." We nod and she disappears from view. We sprint into our home and pack a bag full of our possessions, before grabbing every weapon possible and heading off through the forest in an unknown direction.