Chapter Twelve

Violet's POV

I've been training the newbies for the best part of a year, many have picked up what I have taught. Others simply tap out ten seconds into the fight, I study the faces around me waiting for them to whine about today's training, but today they don't. I wait for a few more seconds before pointing to the white line in front of me.

"Rule of the game, get past me and ring that bell." I point to the rusty bell behind me, before checking they understand, "On the line." they walk up and put one foot on the line the other behind it. "GO!" I shout. After a minute of deliberation Jess launches herself at me, I quickly roll her off of me and wait for the next attack.

Brandon goes next, he took the most in from our sessions but is still far from being able to fight properly. He pushes his fist towards me, I grab it and twist sharply, he gasps in pain before I knee him in the stomach. James tries the defensive tactic and waits for me to attack first, I take his legs out from under him before I have the chance to do anything else Lee tackles me to the floor.

I twist out of grip and throw myself back to my feet, I kick him in the temple before waiting for the fifth and final attack. Ali watches me curiously before taking a fighting stance, I smile and power forward. She ducks and punches me in the stomach, I turn and smack her in the back of the head. She stumbles slightly before turning and clipping me in the ear, I roll on to the floor and kick her legs out. She rolls away and jumps up to her feet, returning to her fighting stance.

I can feel the eyes on us, making me grin. I pounce forward hoping to take her by surprise, she jumps away a foot closer to the bell well at least that's what I thought. I feel her presence behind me as well, "Using powers are we? Good girl." both girls land on top of me holding me down while the real Ali walks over and rings the bell. "I'm proud, you're relieved to one hour a day, the rest of you," they perk up hoping for the same. "You're getting six hours instead of five." They groan in annoyance before congratulating Ali.

"Thank you Beta." Ali says to me.

"No thank you, I thought I was terrible at teaching." I say through a laugh.

"You're not so bad, it's just they don't trust you and your tactics."

"What do you think I should do?" she seems startled by my question, before answering hesitantly.

"I think you should get Alpha Gen to help, they always seem to respond to higher power."

"Thank you, and well done." she blossoms under my praise before skipping out leaving the others behind. "GENEVIEVE!" I shout taking the newbies by surprise.

"Yes." She says from behind me, making me jump slightly.

"Ali rang the bell, I told her she only has to train for an hour a day."

"Brilliant, but I know that's not all that's on your mind."

"I was going to ask if you'd help with the training." the newbies smile while Gen looks absolutely stunned.

"Seriously?"

"Yes."

"I'd love to." Just as she's about to grab a bamboo stick Castor sprints in, red from exertion. "Cas? What is it?"

"Rogues..." he says breathlessly. "North corner of the territory."

"Vi let's move." I nod to Gen and transport myself over to the north corner. Gen turns up milliseconds later. A dozen black wolves with bright red eyes appear in the tree line, they stalk forward edging towards us as if waiting for something. 'Girls behind you!' mother shouts through the mind-link. I turn quick enough to see a witch throwing a binding spell at Gen, I cast a counter spell directing it back to the witch who casted it.