Chapter Twenty Two

Genevieve's POV

I'm startled awake by none other than the bastard himself. Jesse. I groan internally and turn away from him. "Please talk to me, tell me something. Anything." He actually sounds in pain when he speaks like that.

"M-my name is Genevieve." I say softly.

"That's a start, what else?"

"I-I have a sister she's older than me, called Violet and a younger brother called Castor." I know he's not biologically my brother, but who cares.

"Now we are getting somewhere. I have a younger sister her name's is Sapphire, she has dark blue eyes a lot like yours actually."

"H-how old is she?"

"18. How old are you?"

"18, you?"

"22." I nod my head, and lean back against the tree trunk. "I'm sorry about the way I've been acting, I just don't trust other males around you. Especially unmated ones."

"H-he's just a friend." He nods this time, with a small smile on his face.

"I want to show you something." He puts out his hand and I take it. He looks extremely happy with my decision. He drags me back into the pack house, he walks into a room and makes me wait for a few moments. He then opens the oak double doors to a beautiful library.

I gasp, and sprint in. I bounce around for a few moments, this is the real me excited by books not this wussy one I'm putting a show on with. "This is beautiful." I say softly.

"I think that's the only things you've said without stuttering."

"I feel at home here. Do you think it would be bad to sleep in here?"

"You're cute." I blush and sprint straight for a shelf. I study the writers.

"Shakespeare, Hemingway, C.S Lewis, Dickens, Brontë. This is amazing, you have all of them." I run my fingers across the spines of the books, savouring the feel of them.

"I'm sorry to ruin your moment but we have to go to school tomorrow."

"You're lying aren't you, I'm 18 you're 22."

"No we have to go to the human school."

"Why?"

"Don't ask me, my father wants me to go and scope it out. And I wanted you to come."

"Fine, but only because I find humans fascinating." I look towards the bay window and take a seat on the window seat. Jesse stands around awkwardly, I pat the seat next to be and he takes it excitedly. "That means you're buying me lunch tomorrow, and I refuse to eat the cafeteria food."

"Yes boss." He gives me a fake salute and turns back to the window. I stare at the moon for a few moments before my phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey sister."

"How is everything?"

"It's alright Anna's sleeping, the baby is fine and Matthew is absolutely obsessed. I mean he won't move away from the crib." I laugh at that.

"That's adorable."

"I know right." I turn back to Jesse who's watching me curiously.

"Listen I have to go, tell Luke I love him. Anna too."

"Of course." I hang up the phone and Jesse glares at me.

"Who is Luke?"

"Someone who means a great deal to me." He stares at me for a little longer before softening his stern look.