Chapter Twenty One

Genevieve's POV

"Your bracelet is beautiful, where did you get it?" I ask a middle aged lady, she blushes slightly and pushes her greying hair behind her ears.

"Why thank you, my mate made it for me. You see he runs a jewellers around here." She says, her voice wizened with age.

"I'd love to meet him someday." She nods and I turn to the other I had met a few moments ago. "Would anyone like some pancakes?" I ask, they all cheer and I sprint to the stove. I grab all the ingredients and fry the pancakes.

I make enough for two each and pass them out generously. They all groan and say words of praise once they've eaten it. "Where's mine?" Jesse's voice sounds from the doorway sending chills down my spine. Damn you, mate bond. All of those who sat at the table bowed their heads, I passed him a plate of them before pulling Lewis from the kitchen and waving at those who sat at the table.

"Where are we off to?" I ask him happily.

"The closest shopping mall." Did I forget to mention that we are currently in Washington DC, the capital of the USA. So everyone talks differently to me and my English accent.

"Okay. So only two minutes out, I swear there are shops everywhere in America." He laughs deeply, I swoon. I know I shouldn't with a mate but I'm one to break all the rules, even the ones I set in place.

"So what's England like?"

"It's gorgeous so much culture, so many libraries and history of course. But it's also filthy, and definitely doesn't have enough shopping centres for you Americans to survive. The weather is crap too, but it's my home and I miss it."

"I understand. I was originally from Portland but then my parents died so Jesse took me in." I take his hand comfortingly before turning up the radio. I sing for awhile before we pull into a car park. Sorry parking lot. "You're an amazing singer." He says making me blush.

"Thank you."

"Come on." I get out of the car and he grabs my hand and pulls me into the world of American girls. I cringe when I hear some of them screaming.

"This is ridiculous."

"What?"

"They're screaming over clothes, I scream over food." We laugh for a little bit before ploughing through the shops, when it reaches lunch time we've cleared the bottom floor and have gone to the car three times already.

I also get new clothes out of this too, I smile cheekily I'm such a bitch. I drop into a chair in the food court and dig into some food. I practically inhaled the food, Lewis did the same.

"Hey Lewis can I tell you a secret?"

"Of course." He says truthfully, I smile. I unlock my power and let it flow to Lewis in waves. He bows his head in reverence. "My Queen."

"Please, it's still Gen to you." He smiles happily.

"I don't understand, why are you here?"

"Three young children came from this pack claiming they were kicked out. I came here to find out about this Alpha, not knowing he was my mate." I was about to carry on with the story when my phone rang. I pull it out and put it to my ear.

"OH MY GODDESS! Yes I'm calling her, calm down!" Vi shouts over the phone.

"Vi what is it?"

"It's Annabelle, she's in labour." I gasp happily.

"I'll be there momentarily." I hang up the phone and pull Lewis to a dark corner. I grab his wrist and transport us to my home. He gasps when he sees the change of scenery, "Sorry about the abruptness my daughter's having a baby." I say excitedly before sprinting to the pack hospital.

I throw open the doors and follow Anna's scent to a delivery room. I slowly open the door and see my daughter in immense pain. "Oh my baby, you'll be okay." I take her free hand, and nod at Matthew. He stares at his mate with loving eyes.

The baby is born, and my beautiful granddaughter is handed to Anna, I feel tears slide down my face. "Oh my baby, has a baby." Everyone laughs at my emotional rollercoaster.

"Yes mum I do."

"What's her name?"

"Rachel Jane." She says proudly. I smile deeply.

"Oh shit, Gen." I turn my head to Lewis, "If we don't get back soon, Jesse will kill us."

"Fine, I love you all. Vi could you explain to them, oh and by the way this is the friend I was talking about his name is Lewis." They all nod thankfully at him, I grab his wrist, wave goodbye and appear back at the mall.

"Come on." He pulls me to the car and speeds off down the road. "You have an amazing family."

"Oh that was nothing, my pack has a lot of members, and then obviously my rule over the Alpha's is fulfilling." He laughs at my antics. We pull into the parking space and step out.

"Oi," Lewis gestures to a few wolves stood by the door. "Grab the bags from the trunk and take them to the Luna's room." He uses his Beta command, and the others scurry off to fulfil it.

"Finally." Jesse says and wraps his arms around me. He buries his face in my neck and inhales my scent. I struggle to push him off, he grunts and holds me tighter. I begin to whimper and thrash violently, he lets me go and I sprint behind Lewis. He growls deeply in his chest and approaches Lewis menacingly, he throws a punch. Before it reaches Lewis's face I stop it from touching him. I try to push him away but fail spectacularly as I cannot use my full strength.

"What are you doing?!" Jesse's wolf demands. His canines extending, his aura projects extra power now. I fight the urge to overpower him.

"He-he's my friend, l-leave him." Jesse glances to Lewis before pulling away, "T-Thank you." I walk away quickly, trying to escape the stares of the pack members. It doesn't faze me, I've been putting up with it for over two thousand years.

I smile kindly at them and walk out into the forest, the smell of pine surrounding and comforting me. I settle down next to a stream and the flowing water lulls me to sleep.