Chapter Six

Genevieve's POV

March 1590

I smile while recalling the last few years, us getting into fights over stupid things like territory. Me and Vi have come into a lot of power, we've learnt many things, such as travelling using magic and making things appear out of thin air. We have also studied the bases of witchcraft, and many other things useful to survive nowadays. It got harder over the years to hide our true identities at the moment we are going by Charlotte and April Reese, many suitors have approached us but we often pushed them away knowing it would never last. At the moment we've been waiting for our mates, the ones that'll join us in eternity, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun first. 

I take a quick glance around the elaborate ball room we've found ourselves in. I straighten out my navy blue dress before turning to Vi and doing the same to her red one. "What are you doing?" 

"We are supposed to be widows, young ones at that, but we have to look like we are at least trying to find a new husband. Women are not supposed to be wealthy, strong and single."

"We'll be fine sis, we've done this before." 

"I know, it's just I feel like something's going to happen and it's frightening me." two men around twenty five approach us as openly caress our bodies with their eyes. The men arrive and they take our hands in their own and place their lips on it. I put all my effort to stop myself from cringing before sliding a sultry grin on my face. 

"Holla, young ladies. what endues thee h're this evening?" the oldest one says, grinning. Vi turns to me her eyes full of confusion, I resist the urge to roll my eyes. 'Hello ladies what brings you here this evening.'

"Well we are rather lonely, our husbands passed on you see. So we must find something proper to do with our time." I say softly. 

"Ah old English. Where is it you learnt it from?" the second one asks. 

"Our parents, it is the only English they knew." Vi answers for me. 

"I see we've been extremely rude, I am Terence." the first one points to himself quickly, "And this young man is my brother Anthony." 

"Pleasure, I am Charlotte and this is my sister April." They nod quickly before another man comes over. Tall, dark hair, dark eyes and an impeccable suit. We bow our heads slightly in agreements, but his eyes pass over us and land on Violet. 

"I am William Shakespeare, perhaps you've heard of me?" the boys roll their eyes secretly before Terence turns to me. 

"Would you care for a dance?" 

"Of course." I take his gloved hand in mine and he swings me out onto the dance floor, I smile at his skills before letting lose and having some fun. 

Violet's POV

"You write those beautiful plays, do you not?" I ask, over the years I've learnt to get a man you must make his ego bigger. Sometimes you even have to demote yourself to make them look better, ridiculous patriarchal society. I preferred the older days when we didn't have to worry so much. 

"Yes I do, you enjoy them?" 

"I have seen a few yes, and they are beautiful. I just wish that I could have a talent for something."

"Does outstanding beauty help?" 

"I'm not sure Mr Shakespeare, does it?"

"Please call me William. Now what are you doing after the party?" he gets closer and brushes his fingers across the back of my neck, I smile before closing my eyes slightly.