Chapter One: Jack

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜Monday, August 29th〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Monday, August 29th
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

Let's see.. I hate you, you, you, oh and I really hate you! I made mental notes as I walked into my class and looked around. I hated everyone in this room, mostly because I hated everyone at school just in general. There were only a few people I got along with in the first place.

I should have known all these people would be here though, after all, I've been in the same homeroom since my first year and now I was going into my last.

I sat in the back and was more than relieved when I saw Ken walking in with Felix. I let out a sigh and waved over to them. I saw Felix say something to Ken before he came over, Felix stayed up front, talking to a couple of jocks he was friends with.

"Hey Ken." I greeted him.

"Hey Jack, how's it going?" He responded.

"Same old, same old." I shrugged. "Your beard is coming in nicely." I resisted the idea of reaching out and touching it for myself.

"I know, right?" He let out a laugh as he ran his fingers through it. I kind of wished that I could grow facial hair like Ken did, but I suppose I should be happy with my scruff.

I looked back towards the front of the room and could see the saddened look on Ken's face when he saw his friend. Felix, ever since they first met, has always been more popular than Ken. More popular than both of us, I suppose. But it didn't bother me, mainly because I didn't like other people. It did bother Ken though, it meant less time with Felix for him and was often brought up. I had no idea why more people didn't like Ken as opposed to Felix. Maybe it was the fact that Felix was just friends with a lot of jocks that did not appeal to either of us.

"Ken, you alright?" I asked, snapping him back into reality.

"Oh yeah, sorry." He laughed nervously. "Do you think Felix is going to come sit with us?" I hoped so, I liked Felix a lot. I liked Ken just as much if not more and I really didn't like seeing him get so bummed about it.

When the bells went off, and Felix sat down next to the jocks, laughing away, I could hear Ken sigh and look really upset. Felix even turned back to us and saw the look on Ken's face. I shook my head and sighed. "Who needs him anyways?" I scoffed.

I think I heard Ken mumble something, but I had no idea if he even said anything to begin with.

Just as the bells went off, someone else walked in the room. His dark hair was brightened by a large section of red on top of it. He pushed his glasses back up his face and stood in front of the teacher, a younger woman who was about five year out of college. She smiled at him and asked him a few questions. She has been our homeroom teacher for all of our high school years and she would this year as well. Ms. Harrison was really nice, and extremely helpful as far as teachers go.