Chapter Twenty: Jack

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Friday, October 28th
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

"This was a really great idea, you're very smart." I laughed as I played with the tail Mark connected to my pants. The idea was to go as a cat and a dog, two opposite things but who knows, you get the right two and it works out really well. Easy to say, Mark was the dog.

He pulled onto the side of the road and walked up to the party with people wearing masks and fake gore and had a lot of skin showing. Mark and I walked in, and we could see that a lot of my friends that David invited had actually showed up.

"Come on." Mark whispered to me and pulled me alone, I walked until we found Marzia standing with Felix, dressed up as The Corpse Bride and her groom. It was cute.

"Hey! You guys look so cute!" Marzia smiled through the paint on her face. She hugged each of us and smiled wildly. "I think that Wade and Bob are around here too! I was surprised they actually came. Uh.. Ken is over with some girl chatting her up and I believe Leslie and Maggie are somewhere too! I was surprised that David invited so many of us, we had barely talked before."

"It's because of me." I shrugged. "He knew you were all my friends and I guess he wanted me to be able to talk to people besides him." I said while twirling the tail around my fingers. I gave a shrug and listened to the rest of their conversation.

"Me-ow." I heard someone whisper in my ear and I jumped back when I saw David standing behind me. Mark protectively wrapped his arm around my waist. "Maybe I should call you kitten instead of princess, huh?"

"Hi David." I laughed nervously, unsure of what to say. He wasn't wearing a shirt and it actually made me a little uncomfortable. "Heh, Twilight werewolf or something?"

"Hey how'd you know!" David laughed. "It's actually a long story, but hey, I can get you a drink and share it with you."

"Um.. N-No I don't think I want to be drinking." I shook my head.

"And here I thought you were Irish!" David teased me.

"Just because I'm Irish doesn't mean I'm a raging alcoholic." I folded my arms, and shot him a dirty look. I hated it more than anything when people said that to me. 

"Aw, don't be upset about it kitty," David said as he put a finger under my chin.

"Knock it off, David." Mark huffed and pushed David back. David looked really angry for a second but it quickly melted into a smile. Something was off. 

"Sorry, a little too close for right in the open, I get it." David chuckled. "Are you sure you don't want a drink? None of you?" He looked around the four of us and we shook our heads. "Well, if you change your mind check the kitchen, also if you need anything or drugs just let me know."

After David was gone I eased into Mark. "Did he say drugs?"

"Look at what you could've gotten wound up into." Mark chuckled. "Oh god, you're not interested in it, are you?"

"For fuck's sake, no." I shook my head. "Man, that was uncomfortable."

"He wants to get it on with Jack so badly." Felix laughed and Marzia slapped him. "It's true though!"

"Felix!" Marzia hissed.

"Well I know Mark is standing right there, that's why I'm saying it. Because it won't happen, Mark wouldn't let something like that happen to his little precious Jack." Felix smiled and nudged Marzia, I swear I could see Mark role his eyes but I wasn't really paying attention to their conversation.