Chapter Seventeen: Jack

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Monday, October 24th
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜  

I was standing at my locker, I got here a little earlier than normal this morning. So I was listening to music and scrolling around on my phone, my foot tapping to some rock band I was really into for the time being.

Not a lot had happened between Mark and I in the past couple of weeks. We would chat in class, text a little and act somewhat flirty but we hadn't kissed. We didn't hold hands. I tried my best to avoid hanging out with him. It wasn't him, I was just afraid most of the time.

I felt arms wrap around my waist and I froze. I took my headphones and turned my head. "M-Mark!? What are you doing?!" I squeaked as I pushed his arms down.

"Saying hi, brought you a coffee." Mark said. "It's pumpkin, I thought you might wanna try it."

I took it out of his hands, I liked pumpkin coffees and all, so I had no problem sipping it down. I was just thankful it had nothing in it otherwise. 

"Thank you." I said. I put my phone on the shelf of my locker while Mark stood dangerously close to me. I was afraid that he would kiss me in public. "Mark, you know where we are, right?"

"Yeah, of course!" He smiled. "We're at school."

"So you need to take a step back." I sighed. "I get it and all, but not here in the middle of a hallway with a bunch of people walking all over the place."

"Oh sorry." Mark said and took a step back.  "Well, you never hang out with me."

"I've just been busy." I sighed. "Nothing more, nothing less."

"Busy? With what?" Mark sighed. There was a pained look on his face that I wanted to melt away, but I had a feeling that it wasn't going to.

"None of your business." I huffed. I grabbed my things and slammed my locker shut. "Come on, let's go."

"Fine.." Mark muttered.

He wouldn't talk very much to me for the rest of the day, and when we arrived in band, he was nothing but a total idiot.

Cerise, like every day, set up a chair and a stand for Mark. When he walked in, she squealed his name as he came over. She threw his arms around him and squeezed his body. I sat at the drum set and Mark saw me glaring at them. He cocked a smile at me and I squeezed the drumsticks harder, I wouldn't be surprised if they snapped in my grip.

The two sat down and Mark leaned forward as if he was really interested in her. "So Mark, this weekend I was having a Halloween party and I was really hoping that you would come. We could do a cool matching costume too! There's a contest and we could win!" Cerise smiled wide as she listed off all the different stuff they would do. "What do you say?"

"Well I would lo - "

"Mark can we talk?!" I snapped at him as I stood up. He turned to me and walked over to me. I grabbed him and dragged in into one of the four practice rooms. They were sound proof, so no one outside one could hear.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yelled as I jabbed my finger at his chest.

"What?" Mark put his arms on his waist as if he was innocent.

"You're flirting with Cerise!" I huffed. "Why?!"

"Well she seems to appreciate me more than you do!" Mark snapped back at me.

"Agh, you don't even like women!" I was practically screamed. "She's inviting you to her party so you'll date!"

"No she's not." Mark rolled his eyes. "I'm not dumb and I know she's really into me but she's not asking me as a date."

"Yes she is! She wants you to wear matching costumes and go to her party as her date! What about me?!" I said, there was a panicked tone to my voice.

"We're not even dating." Mark sighed and I felt my heart break in two. "Plus, all you ever do is ignore me, at least she pays attention to me!"

"Fine then." I folded my arms. "Go to her party, see what I care! I don't like you anyways!"

"Jack.." Mark went wide eyed. "J-Jack you don't mean that."

"I do too." I folded my arms. I opened the door and walked back to my seat. Mark walked out and sat back down at his seat. I had a feeling I had ruined his mood, but I also really didn't care.

"So do you.." Cerise trailed off. "Mark? Mark what's wrong?" Cerise turned back to me in a hurry. Shaking her head. "Leave it to an ass like Jack, huh." Her comment made me feel somewhat bad for what I did, and witnessing Mark's sour behavior throughout band made me feel even worse.

When class ended, I followed Mark all the way to his locker. Trying to get him to say something to me. I must have apologized at least a dozen times. "Ah! Just shut up!" Mark yelled and I felt myself stumble backwards.

"Shut up Sean! I'll knock your teeth out and then you'll learn to keep your mouth shut!"

"You're just getting on my nerves at this point.." Mark muttered.

"Ha ha, even your boyfriend doesn't like you." I heard Bo say as he walked by with Wayne.

"Even your own mother doesn't like you!"

Without thinking, I turned around and punched Bo as he was walking by me before running down the hallway, I heard Mark shout my name too but I wasn't about to stop. Bo had froze with Wayne for a moment before I could hear them shout after me. I wiped my eyes and shoved people out of my way. People suddenly looked afraid when they saw me as they ducked out of the way.

"Just stay out of my way, and I won't have to beat you. I know you don't want that."

I eventually ran directly someone, and took us both to the ground. I sat up and looked down at him and my eyes grew wide. "O-Oh.. Um.. I'm sorry." I said as I stood up, when I helped him off the ground I now realized that he was quite a bit taller than I was and he laughed it off.

"No problem, in a hurry huh?" He laughed.

"Just punched someone in the face, now I'm running away." I embarrassedly admitted, why was I telling him this in the first place? 

"Who is it?" The blonde asked me, tilting his head to the side.

"Uh.. Bo?" I laughed nervously.

"Oh, don't worry I'll take care of this." He said. When Bo and Wayne came around the corner they stopped when they could see me standing next to this guy. "Hey boys! I see you're bothering my little friend here, but you wouldn't do that, would you?"

"Oh no, of course not." Wayne laughed nervously.

Bo looked me up and down and sighed. "No."

"That's what I thought." The blonde laughed a little more. "Well see you guys later then!" He put his hand on my back and we walked outside the school. "I never introduced myself! How rude of me, I'm David!"

"Jack." I muttered and shook his hand. "How come they..?"

"Listened to me?" David laughed. "I'm their team captain, I could totally get them kicked off every team. I don't approve of people picking on others. Especially when they're as cute as you are." David ruffled my hair and I felt myself freeze. "I love the green, it looks great with your eyes."

"U-Uh.. T-Thank you.." I mumbled, I could feel my face turning red and hoped that David wasn't going to point it out to me. 

"Shy too? Ah, you're just too cute." David smiled. "Well, I have practice, but I'll see you around okay?" I nodded. "Here's my number, let me know if those two idiots try and bother you again, okay princess?" He handed me a piece of paper and I barely grabbed onto it. He ruffled my hair and walked away, I didn't bother to move. 

"What just happened..?" I whispered to myself.

~AN

Creating problem charactersssss WOOoooOOOOooooo

Rinny!