Chapter Nineteen: Mark

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Friday, October 28th
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜  

I felt a little better than yesterday, but not enough to deal with Jack. At least, that's not what I wanted.

I was walking down the hallway after school until I felt someone grab me, putting their hand onto my mouth and pulling me into a janitor closet. I scratched at them until I heard their Irish voice. "Agh, watch it!"

I pulled away when I saw Jack standing there. "What the hell is wrong with you!?" I shouted at him. "What are you doing?!"

"What are you doing!? What's your problem?" Jack huffed. "I've tried to talk to you but every time I do you just yell at me!"

"Oh and dragging me into a closet is the solution! I should lock you in here for that!" I hissed at him. I saw the disapproving look on his face and didn't feel all too bad for it. "Turn off the light and lock you in here!"

"You wouldn't actually do that.. Would you?" Jack asked, he genuinely looked terrified of me doing that.

"Jesus.. No!" I pinched the bridge of my nose. "What do you want? I don't want to be in here for a long time, it smells like chlorine."

"I just.." Jack took a deep breath. "I wanted to say I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have been hanging around David to make you jealous. I just.. Wanted to get back at you."

"Back at me? For talking to Cerise?" I sighed. "Jack, there is absolutely no way that I would ever consider leaving you to go with Cerise." Jack kicked his foot. "What is it? What are you mad about?"

"You said it yourself, we're not even together so it doesn't matter." Jack sighed, I watched his face shift. "I want it to matter."

"You don't act like that." I sighed. "You always act as if you're against me. Ever since that time we spent at your house or at Bob's you act like you can't stand me. Frankly, I don't really like it! With good reason, too."

"I just.. Don't know how to go about this kind of thing." Jack shrugged, digging his hands in his pockets. "I.." He took a deep breath. "I really like you, you've gotta understand that." I sat and listened patiently without interrupting, Jack refused to meet my eyes until this moment. "I told you I was bad at this and I'm sorry. I'm just an idiot sometimes.

"Yeah, kind of." I said. "I am too though." I rubbed my wrist and already regretted what I had done. I bit my lip out of nerves and Jack caught this.

"What's wrong?" Jack asked. He looked behind him and it was now that we heard someone talking outside the door. "That's the janitor, shit!"

"You're going to need to trust me, Jack." I said. "I'm going to turn off the light, okay?"

"W-What? N-No. No you can't!" Jack whispered.

"Trust me, I'll be right here." I said. I turned off the light and put my arms around Jack's waist as I guided him to the corner behind some cleaning stuff.

I could feel Jack's body shaking as the door opened, I put my hand over his mouth and kissed his neck to try and calm him down. He sat very still and placed on hand on mine which covered his mouth. I felt his other hand squeezing my wrist and I was trying my hardest not to scream out in pain.

When the door closed, I stayed there for another second before turning on the light and I could see Jack's tear-stained face as he shook a little bit. "Are you alright?" I whispered to him, he turned to me.

"W-What was on your wrist..?" He whispered and I felt my heart drop into my stomach. "What is on your wrist, Mark? Don't lie to me. I felt it."

"Look, Jack I really don't.." I trailed off. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Mark.. Please.." Jack whimpered. "Why.. Why would you..?"

"Don't start crying, come on, knock it off." I sighed. Jack threw his arms around my neck and held onto me tightly. "J-Jack!?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He whimpered. He held tightly onto me and I stood in shock. "I didn't.. I.."

"Jack, it's alright, don't worry about it." I said, my own eyes tempted at flowing over, he pulled away from me and I could see the tears running out from his bright blue eyes. Then, he kissed me, for the first time in a long time, and the tears just spilled out like there was no tomorrow.

He pulled away and hugged me again. "Mark, I want to dedicate myself to you."

I went wide eyed with what he said. "What?"

"I want you to be better, I want to help you." Jack said as he took a few steps back. "So.. Do you.. Do you want to date me?" He flashed a smile and I stood wide eyed. "I'll buy you a coffee if you say yes!"

"Why do you think coffee makes the world go around?" I cocked an eyebrow. Jack shrugged. "Fine, but I don't want a coffee. Go tell your little play thing David he can go screw himself." I leaned closer to Jack and gave a smug grin.

"Sheesh.." Jack laughed. "But done."

We walked out of the room carefully and I grabbed onto Jack's hand, he leaned onto me as we left the school, hand in hand. I'm sure some people saw us, but for some reason the worry of it all melted away. "Did you still want to go to David's party? You can, I'll go with you."

"I don't have a costume or anything." Jack shrugged.

"I have an idea." I said. "Come on, we can drop by the store, pick up a few things and then go back to my house. Okay?" Jack nodded and followed me along, just like he swore he would.

~AN

Did I forget an author's note in the last chapter? I honestly don't remember lol. 

Rinny!