Chapter 30

I turned a little.  I had no idea where I was and my fucking head was killing me so I didn't want to open my eyes.  It must have been early because the sun wasn't even out yet.  I opened my eyes slowly.  I was in bed.  The clock next to me read three in the morning.  I looked around and my eyes landed on Pete watching me from a chair next to the bed.  He stared at me in anger. 

"Hi" I mumbled.

"Hello" he snapped.  I sighed laying back down. 

"I'm sorry-"

"No, sorry isn't going to cut it this time"

"Peter-"

"I was worried sick Patrick!  You never called me back!  Someone out there wants to hurt you and you disappeared on me and wouldn't pick the fucking phone up.  At least Brendon answers!"

"I'm going back to sleep.  I can't do this at three in the morning"

"Fine" he snapped.

"Why're you watching me sleep?" I asked gently.  He didn't respond at all.  I waited for about five minutes.  "Fine" I mumbled.  I turned away from him and frowned at the wall.  "If I said I love you would you say it back?" I asked gently.

"Yes" he said.  I nodded.

"Then I love you" I said.

"I love you too.  Go to sleep" I wanted to.  I really did.  But I just felt like crying.  I choked down my tears trying to remain strong.  I let out a shaky breath and looked back at him.  He stared me directly in the eye so I sat up. 

"You know what" my voice cracked "I'm sorry.  I am.  I'm sorry I'm fucking impossible to deal with.  I'm sorry I have trust issues and problems with authority.  I'm sorry my only escape is getting piss drunk and passing out.  I'm sorry" I was crying now.  Full on sobbing "But, You aren't exactly  perfect either Peter.  You wanna whip me whenever I fuck up.  You refused to tell me you loved me even when you did.  You force me to do as you please.  You're a bossy, arrogant, prick.  So I'm sorry that I made a shitty decision but you make a lot of them too" A tear streamed down my cheek "I'm sorry" I whispered.  He closed his eyes taking a deep breath.  "This is our honeymoon.  A week away from the bullshit and work and everything.  Why does it have to be like this?  Why?"

"It doesn't" he mumbled.

"So please, I'm sorry, please" I begged.  He looked at me again.  "Please baby" I moved closer.  He watched me carefully.  I stepped off the bed and slowly sat on his lap. 

"Patrick, I was so worried.  Do you get that?"

"I'll never do that to you again I promise.  I just don't want it to be this way" He frowned more.  "Please, I'm so sorry.  I love you so much.  I'll never do it again.  I'll make this up to you.  What do you want me to do to make it up to you?" I was desperate.  I needed this to be okay.

"Don't leave my sight for the rest of this vacation" He said.  That was fair.  I nodded.

"Okay" I said "Okay, thats fair" I leaned down and pressed my forehead against his.  He hugged me tighter.

"Do as I say all week" I nodded biting my lip.  He looked at my lips.  He closed his eyes and leaned in kissing me.  He grabbed my hips tightly.  "I love you" He said on my lips.

"I love you too" I said.  We kissed again.  Heavier this time.  Oh right, I was married to the biggest sex addict in the entire world.  He moved down and kissed my neck. 

"I want you" he moaned.  Wow, thank you.  The boner in your pants didn't explain that enough. 

"Mhm" I mumbled.  He stopped to look at me.