But Things [A Jacob Black Sequel] Are Gonna Change: Chapter 18

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Oh yeah. I forgot to do this on the last chapter, but here you go. Some of you were wondering what Levi actually looks like...so, here's a pretty good  explanation:

Logan Lerman.

Alright, kiddies! Go google him! :D

************************************************************

JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW:

            “There is an explanation for all of this, Jacob, I assure you.”

            We were up in Carlisle’s office in the big white house—although, whenever I went up there, it appeared to be more of a hospital room—talking about Summer’s condition. Apparently, there was a big deal going on, that I was just learning about. Figures I was the last one to find out.

            Edward and Bella were there, too—it was eleven in the morning, and Bella was there so she could get all prettied up for her wedding; she was sitting beside me, trying to comfort me. She also wanted to know what was wrong with Summer, and try and make me feel better.

            Summer was laying on the bed in the middle of the room, completely still, completely beautiful. The only movement was the small rise in her chest as she breathed in every few seconds. She was okay—not in a coma, thank god—and was just completely exhausted. Carlisle had said she desperately needed sleep.

            “Just spit it out, Doc,” I muttered under my breath, “I can’t handle it.”

            Carlisle nodded. “Summer’s sick. She’s lacking all kinds of vital nutrients that she needs to thrive,” He glanced through the thick papers of notes in his hands, “And she’s going to need a lot of rest.”

            “How sick?”

            “She’ll be better in a few days, and once she wakes up she’ll feel better.” Carlisle’s golden eyes were calm.

            Bella frowned beside me. “Then, what was wrong with her?”

            “She passed out because of her lack of nutrients.”

            “Why was she lacking nutrients?” I pressed even further.

            Carlisle paused, then sighed. “This is the difficult part, Jacob.”

            I raised an eyebrow. “What aren’t you telling me, Doc?”

            Carlisle’s eyes flashed to the ground, then eventually back up to me. “Summer is pregnant, Jacob, and the child is taking all of the nutrients she needs to survive.”

            I processed the words a lot slower than everyone else. Once I finally seemed to grasp what was happening, I blinked, completely shocked and frozen.