But Things [A Jacob Black Sequel] Are Gonna Change: Chapter 8

FLASHBACK:          

            “You sure?” Jacob’s deep voice asked me, the heat radiating off of his naked body.

            “Are you kidding me?” I asked, already out of breath, attempting to swallow the lump in my throat. “I’ve always been ready.”

            His beautiful brown eyes watched me as he loomed above me, his chest nearly touching mine, his lips so delicately close to mine I could taste them. Carefully, they searched my face, looking for a sign of any doubt.

            Every part of me yearned for him. My body wanted to touch him; I wanted him physically, now. “Please,” I begged. “Don’t make me wait any longer.”

            Jake seemed nervous, but quietly searched my face for a while longer. “Summer, just make sure you’re positive first, okay?”

            I closed my eyes as I spoke. “Jake—how could I not be sure? I love you so much. Every single bit of you.”

            “Yeah.” He snorted, but not in a happy kind of way. “But…I could hurt you.”

            I frowned slightly, my heart surging. “You’re not gonna hurt me, Jacob.”

            “You don’t know that.

            “How will you hurt me?”

            He bit his lip, and rolled away so that he was laying beside me, rather than on top of me. He pulled a bit of the sheet over his lower body. “If I phase, I could hurt you, Summer.”

            I brought my hand up to stroke his face; he looked down on me as I did so. “Jacob, I trust you. You’ve controlled yourself so well.”

            “We haven’t done this before.”

            I sat up, running a hand through my long hair. “Do you love me?”

            He frowned, huffing out a bit of air; he seemed kind of choked up that I even had to ask. “More than anything.”

            I raised an eyebrow. “Do you want me? Physically?

            He glanced down, like he was ashamed to even admit it. “Absolutely.”

            “Then, why are we even thinking about the bad possibilities?” I asked, crawling over to him and placing my hand on his face. “Just let the love take over.”

            I pressed my lips to his, and he leaned back; I moved so that I was in a crawling position over his body. I kissed down his neck and onto his chest, digging my hips into his a little as I kissed him.

            Jacob moaned in the back of his throat, his eyes closed.

            I smiled a little, then kissed his neck.

            Jake moaned again, a little bit longer and slower than before; then, he froze. His big hands were on my shoulders, and he lifted me off of him; I blinked, and by the time I opened my eyes, he was sitting on the opposite side of the bed, looking disgusted with himself.

            He shook his head. “What am I doing? No—you could get seriously hurt. This isn’t even a possibility. Ever.

            We sat there in silence for a few minutes; thoughts were distracting me.

            He’s never gonna touch you. You will never be able to have sex with your boyfriend. No family, ever. He will never touch you.