forty-two.

"So like she really helped me out to try and get my life straight." Jimin continues to blabber about this certain girl he met while he was in Europe. Currently, we're in a café just catching up with things so we won't feel left out with each other. "I thought she was an annoying fuck at first, but I realized she wasn't bad after all."

"Maybe because you were on your period, that's why you think she's annoying." I mutter, taking a sip. At the corner of my eye, I spot Jimin rolling his eyes.

"Whatever, you won't understand."

"Okay, but are you in good terms with her now?"

"Yep, we are." Jimin responds and once he does, he suddenly stops speaking. He stares into a distance, as if thinking about something deep.

I suddenly feel worried and tapped his hand lightly. "Hey, you okay?" He doesn't move a muscle. "Jimin." I call much louder and thankfully, he finally snaps.

"Yeah? Sorry about that."

"Did you remember something? You can tell it to me."

"No, it's nothing." he says with a cute smile. I look at him weirdly but shook it off. I should just trust my boyfriend. "So how about you? Got anything to tell me?"

I shrug. "Not really. My life has been very boring lately."

"Is it because I wasn't there to brighten it up?" Jimin sings, nudging my hand with his cup of warm tea.

"Yeah, you can say that." I should just give in, he's too precious. But maybe... maybe I should tell him about what really happened while he was not around. I'm sure he won't freak out. He'll understand-

"Excuse me for a moment, [Name]. I gotta take this." Jimin suddenly stands up from his seat to take a phone call from someone from his job I'm assuming.

I just nod my head as a response to let him leave. Sighing, I find myself staring outside the window where children are playing around, hitting each other with a stick, yelling, teasing each other-- I suddenly see a mop of orange-hair and I immediately shoot up from my seat upon realizing who it actually is.

"Hey, I'm back, so--" Jimin stops midway as he turns to look at the direction of where I'm staring at. "[Name]? Did you see something?"

"Hoseok..."

"Hoseok? Who's that?"

"My friend." I look at Jimin and smiled. "Should I invite him over so he could eat with us?"

"Uhm, we're kind of in a date here. Don't you think you should just invite him next time?"

Oh, that's true. But I really want to talk to him so I could tell all about what had happened while he was out of reach. He's been visiting me less lately and he barely hangs out with me anymore. Everytime Jungkook tells him to come over at the apartment, he would often refuse. I don't really know what has gotten into him, but I should just respect his decisions.

"Right." I say softly with a pout, playing with my carrot cake with a fork. I suddenly sense Jimin's shift of aura and I can see him staring at me. 

"You know what, go ahead and call him. I'll be right here." he says so abruptly, making me stop my movements as I look at him with wide eyes.

"Huh? N-No, it's okay, Jiminie--"

"I just want you to be happy, [Name]." Jimin cuts me off with a sweet smile, his small dimple showing. "I mean, it's not that bad to have a third-wheel, right?"

I punch his arm lightly and he fakes a whimper. "Never mind. Let's just eat." I say, sitting back on my chair but he suddenly takes my wrist. I look at him straight in the eye. 

"No, but for real; go and fetch your friend. It would be an honor to meet the person who's been keeping my girl friend company."

___

short update :B bUT I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW THAT I FINALLY HAVE MY HANDS ON BTS' WINGS (all 4 set). i might post pictures of them, just tell me if you want me to and i'll do so in the next chapter~