|6|

"No matter where the wind blows you must continue to embrace this adventure brought to you. You need to fully explore and discuss whatever you were in search, even if it meant to live up to expectations." Valerie, Grace's older sister spoke as she was resting on a yoga mat, inhaling and exhaling out.

Tying her right shoe's shoelace, Grace got off from the steps and made her way towards the door, it was her first day at the police station and the time showed, 7:53am. It wasn't a long walk from her house to the police station. In fact it was a ten minute walk, enough time for Grace to feel refreshed.

Her parents were at work, her other sister was asleep and her two brothers were either getting ready for school. Grace's life was normal. Normal for an innocent, quiet seventeen year old girl. She was popular, she was sporty and discussed before she was sort of a rebel. Not to anyone's dismay, people envied her, but others were scared of her.

Taking slow steps towards the well known building, Grace stuffed her hands into her grey zippy hoodie pockets. Her complimentary converses matched with her dark jeans and the undershirt tagged along. Her hair was out in its natural straight state. Her eyes gleaming with confidence and calmness. Her two main traits.

Taking a left, Grace could see the cars zooming by as the breeze passed her. Others were walking, strolling with their children or pushing them in prams, looking fresh or tired, at 7:59 in the morning.

Blinking a few times, Grace saw the big police station in front of her, taking steps towards the station, the automatic doors opened for her.

The receptionists were talking incredibly fast on the phone to people as they were constantly battling with phones in their hands or jammed to their ears.

"Ah, Grace! You're just in time." Senior Officer Blake called as she exited a room with a file in her hand.

"How are you?" She asked Grace.

"Fine, thank you." She nodded slowly.

"That's good to hear,"

"How are you?"

"I'm good, thank you for asking." At first SO Blake scrunched her eyebrows in surprise before nonetheless answering.

"Let me show you the way to your new office." Grace arched an eyebrow slightly as she was being led by the SO to 'her new office'.

Walking past a long hallways, turning right twice, Grace and SO Blake had stopped at a door with the words, engraved on the brown mahogany door,

GRACE

Grace just stared at her name on the door as SO Blake opened the door for her, Grace entered the room to find it huge and luxurious looking.

Calling the room huge was an understatement more like gigantic, the entire room was filled with this modern yet ancient feeling to it. The flooring was wooden, but there was a black rug in the centre, the walls were coated with a forest green. The pictures were hung with scenic photos embracing the room with finesse hand work.

The leather sofas pushed to the side were opulent looking as the diamanté looking gems stuck to the sofa rests at the bottom giving a cris-cross effect, the coffee table centre in between these four leather couches was a coffee table, with water reflecting a glow in the dark sequence.

There was a huge plasma TV stuck on the wall giving access to news and important footage shown, hanging in the wall looking big as ever.

The desk was the limelight as it was a controlled desk. The dark black matched with the sofas as there was a computer generated on her desk, standing upright with a swivel chair across it. In front of the desk were two black chairs, of which people could face-to-face talk.

"This is the best part." SO Blake spoke as she grabbed a remote control and clicked a button as the black table shone with generous lights changing colours, as Grace looked impressed.

There were stage lights centred at the entrance of the office as bookshelves stood their guards. Hundred of books to read upon as the window was behind her creating an open space. Plants were steadied and given an authentic look that Grace couldn't refuse to sigh at.

"So, do you like it?" SO Blake asked Grace looking excited.

"It's really authentic." Grace admitted as SO Blake nodded her head in understanding.

"It is, isn't it?" She spoke to herself admiring the room.

"Well, Grace this is your office now. I hope you take care of it, after all this was designed for you." That made Grace seem confused.

"Since you're working with us, we like to ensure our employees are given the most — utmost respect ever." She nodded her head as Grace listened.

"There is a moodlight, up to you if you want to dim the room, bathrooms' through that door and welcome aboard to the force." She smiled as she firmly nodded her head and exited the office.

Slumping in the black swivel chair, Grace wanted to fall asleep as she stared up at the ceiling seeing a chandelier, she was surprised but then again, this force admired her, despite her stunts they truly did enjoy her around.

Exhaling, Grace's hand accidentally clicked a button as to which the TV switched on.

"...Adenview News." Turning her head away from the TV, Grace was taking a look around at her surroundings and thinking she'd have to be situated in this place for two weeks. She was staring at the coffee table that had a hidden cabinet to it.

Getting off the swivel chair, Grace made her way towards the glass cabinet to see video games stashed inside, her brows shot up, intrigued by this, as she opened the glass case, Grace saw video games that weren't going to be released until next month.

For a second, Grace was marvelled, until her mind turned back to the more thoughtful side. She knew something was up, as to why she had this office, this lavish interior and she was going to find out why.

Closing the glass shelf, Grace stood up and headed towards the door, she opened the door to reveal a boy with a basket in his hand, there were treats inside.

Grace stared at him confusedly.

He handed the basket to Grace before walking off, she turned her head to the door to see the boy vanished around the corner. Placing the basket on the mini table near the door, she saw imported goods and expensive branded chocolates, as well as other various items.

There was a piece of paper, carved with her name on it with a fine golden lettering. Grace lifted up the note and opened it up to reveal a message.

'This is a welcome present, as much as you aren't riding your motorcycle, this should level it down a notch. I hope you have fun working here at Adenview Force,

SO BLAKE'

Grace looked up from the note to the door as she breathed out.