Chapter 17

Chapter 17

ZOE

I sat in the games rooms watching the expressions of the children that won arcade games. I had been waiting for Beau for an hour.

I was watching two girls around the age of nine play sing star on the Xbox. I couldn't help but feel sad for them. Yes, it was horrible for me to go through cancer, but atleast I had achieved some of the things I wanted to do in life. Their lives had just begun, they were spending the best time of their lives in hospital, fighting off a terrible disease. It wasn't fair. Not on them, nor me. I had done nothing to deserve this, either had they.

I was completely wrapped up in my own thoughts. That I barely noticed a familiar face walk through the door;

"Zoey?"

I spun around to see Emma's face smiling. I grinned at her as I walked closer to her. We had a massive hug together

"Sorry I haven't visited" Emma said

"It's okay Em! at least your here now"

We both plonked down into a seat and started to chat.

"So what's the goss in the real world?" I asked

"Well...Jai started his own youtube channel" Emma said.

"Seriously? So he left the Janoskians?" I asked

"Must have. The cheating act got around on twitter, Jai doesn't have a lot of subscribers, he even lost around 500,000 twitter followers!" Emma said.

"How did the others react to it?" I asked

"They don't really bring it up, they don't even talk about him either, Luke doesn't even look at him, it's like he's disowned." Emma said.

"Any other goss?" I asked

"Well yeah-" Emma started

She held up her hand to show an engagement ring!

"NO WAY!!" I screamed.

"YES WAY!!" She screamed back.

Emma had been going out with Luke for a couple of months now. They were stronger than ever. They lived in a big apartment together, and they were such a cute couple together. Luke must have asked to marry her while I was in this death trap. It's terrible to be stuck in here. I wish I could have been there when she cried with joy when he asked to marry her. I wish I could have been one of the first people she called. But no. I'm in hospital, dying.

"WHEN?!" I screamed back, trying to push away the hurt.

"Well, we went on a little trip to Disney in LA. And basically he asked me just outside the Disney Castle. He said the cutest thing ever" she started.

"HOW DID HE POP THE QUESTION?!" I screamed back.

"There was a man doing caricatures and he was drawing one of me and Luke outside the Disney Castle and when the guy was finished the caricature, he turned the drawing around and it said 'will you marry me?' on the picture and when i turned around to look at Luke he was down on one knee!! Let's just say, there were a lot of happy tears and yeah." She said.

I could feel myself being happy for her, but at the same time, I felt more sadness. That could have been me and Beau. We could have been engaged. We could have had gorgeous little children, with chocolate brown hair, and beautiful ice blue eyes, with a hint of emerald green with them. But that will never happen. I'll never get to experience that. Ever.

I smiled at her. She found true love and happiness, where as. I found true love and happiness. Then the happiness got taken away from me.

I just felt the sadness rush through me. I couldn't keep it in anymore.