Chapter 18

Chapter 18

ZOE

"Beau....I"

"Zoe, before you panic. It's not an engagement ring, it's a promise ring" he smiled

"Huh?" I was confused.

"I want you to wear it, not for the normal reasons, not to be stylish. I want you to wear it because this ring is a promise, a promise that I will always love you. Even when the day comes, the day that I am dreading. I will still love you, more than oxygen, more than anyone or anything. I love you more than I love one direction and justin Bieber!" He said.

I could feel myself laugh at the last point. But I was speechless, I could feel tears behind my eyes.

"Zoey, my life is going to be worthless without you, because you are the only person that gives me hope. When you leave, I honestly don't know what I am going to do. All I know is that I am going to stay with you every step of the way, up until then. We are going to go on this adventure together"

He slowly slipped the ring onto my skinny fingers. Even though I was weak, I found the energy to throw my arms around his muscular body, kissing him on the lips.

"I love you so much Beau. Your honestly the best person that could be here with me on this adventure. Your my everything." I said.

He smiled at me with his big goofy smile and held out his hand.

"May I have this dance?"

"Of course." I smiled

His large hands intertwined into my small weak hands. For the next ten minutes we danced, mirroring each others actions, moving to the beat of the French music. In them ten minutes it was like all my

worries, all my negative energy, everything was forgotten. My cancer, Jai, Beaus Depression, Emma and Sorcha, Chris, my parents, Janoskians, Gina, everything.It was like it was just Me and Beau against the world.

Never would I have expected it to come crashing down so quickly...

The phrase

'The calm before the storm.'

Had never been more accurate before.