Chapter 26

• Emily's POV •

Today Natalie was leaving to go back home and I was honestly so upset in the inside but I tried not to show it as it would cause the kids to be sad.

Me, Simon, Harry, Natalie, Vanessa and Alfie all said our goodbyes before me, Simon and Venessa stood at the door as they crossed the road to put their stuff in the car.

Harry went over first as Natalie was still saying goodbye and then Natalie crossed.

Just as se neared the footpath I ran and pushed her out of the way as I felt a sharp pain in my head and side. I heard screaming of children and Simon, Natalie and Harry before it all went completely black.

Was I dead? The car didn't hit me that fast. I always said I Natalie when we were younger I'd take a bullet for her. Right, this isn't a joke Emily, shut the fuck up.

If I'm dead right now then this is boring as fuck. Can I have life back now please?

What felt like days, I was tired of hearing my own voice. My own thoughts. The darkness was honestly unbearable.

I felt the sharp pain in my side and the wincing pain in my head. Was I alive again or something because I'm so confused right now.

Before I knew it, my eyes were open to see Simon, Natalie, Harry, Vanessa and Alfie and I was in a hospital bed. The fuck happened?

"Mummy!" Vanessa shouting, causing me to wince before she realised something was wrong and started lightly sobbing so Simon soothed her.

"W-what happened?" I asked, trying to sit up.

Natalie stood by my bed before saying; "why did you save me?"

"I couldn't let you die. Not now, atleast," I said, giggling slightly causing her to smile.

"Thankyou," Natalie said, hugging me.

"My side and head hurts so much," I said, letting my head hit the hospital pillow.

Simon instantly got up and squeezed my hand. I missed his touch so much. It was clear he'd been crying. Oh my god. I caused this.

"I'm sorry," I said, a small tear rolling down my cheek. Harry, Natalie and Alfie left to leave me, Simon and Vanessa alone.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Simon said, reassuring me.