Chapter Fifteen - Arianna

~Arianna's POV~

"Lucy, you've got some s'plaining to do." I giggled, withdrawing my hand from Luke's and placing my hands on my hips. Leather looked like a dear caught in headlights. It was kind of adorable.

"Michael and I got into a food fight and I'm borrowing Ashton's clothes because mine are a mess." She fidgetted with her hands.

"Any particular reason why they're Ashton's clothes?" I smirked. Leather narrowed her eyes, looking like she was thoroughly done with our conversing. But then she stomped forward, grabbed my arm, and yanked me into an empty room while slamming the door behind her. Hm, a sound studio. Looked soundproofed too. How nice. "You sure you don't have anything to tell me? Because borrowing a guys clothes is a pretty suspicious act. You know who borrows guys clothes?" I nearly shouted at her.

"Who?" She responded, crossing her arms and looking irritated.

" Girls who have "sleepovers" with those boys. Suspicious if you ask me Leather." I snapped.

"Michael and I got into a food fight!" She shouted exasperatedly.

"Well how would I know that? I was out with Luke!" I replied furiously.

"And what happened with Luke, Arianna?" Leather asked, suddenly changing the subject. Eh, what?

"Um... What are you talking about Leather?" I answered uncertainly. How was I supposed to respond to that?

"I dunno, you tell me." She gestured with her hands like she was giving me the floor to speak. Well fuck.

"We were... Hanging out. Mhm. Yup. Hanging out." I stated, holding tight to my elbows, afraid that if I released my grip on myself I would say something stupid.

"What are you not telling me?" My best friend inquired, now more suspicious than ever.

"Nothing. Why would I not be telling you anything? Gee that's weird that you would think I wasn't telling you anything. I tell you everything duh." I smiled so painfully awkwardly that it could have been a picture reference to the word suspicious.

"Good I am glad. And cause I know you're a sneaky bitch, Ari and nobody likes a sneaky bitch, hashtag girlcode." Leather lifted her eyebrow at me.

"Did you just hashtag me? And call me a bitch? What are YOU hiding then, Hmmm?"

"One, I quoted girlcode. Second, I am not hiding anything..." This time it was Leather who looked away uncomfortably. Ah, gotcha.

"Oooh really? That's funny, cause the way I see it you're definitely hiding something." I nodded, finally feeling like I was back on solid ground.

"Um..no." Was her brilliant reply. I liked having the upper hand.

"That seems quite tentative. Anything you'd like to share with the class Leather? Something regarding your feelings for Ashton perhaps?" I smiled, making the same gesture as her before.

" Umm...maybe....nooo." She looked in the opposite direction, clearly trying to avoid me.

"There was a maybe. I think we should build off that... Admitting feelings for a guy you like makes you feel better you know!" I cheered with a wink.

"How you feeling about Luke there?" Came her retort. And there went my upper hand....

"Um, what?" I answered, trying to feign ignorance.

"Admitting feelings for a guy you like makes you feel better you know!" She threw back at me. That bitch.

"Right, so how did we get on the subject of Luke?" I tried keeping my tone neutral.