Chapter One - Arianna

~Arianna's POV~

"Remind me why I took this class again?" I questioned, twirling a lock of brunette hair around my index finger directly infront of my face. My brown eyes went cross-eyed staring at it. My best friend and roommate Leather rolled her eyes at me.

"You're the one who picked your classes to study over here." Leather replied with a smirk. I stuck my tongue out at her and spun around in the rolling desk chair. Getting up off of the chair I closed all of my books. Let's face facts, I wasn't going to be studying at all. Who studies anymore?

After closing all the books and placing them in a little organized pile at the corner of the desk I moved to my bed. Had to love my bed. Warm and welcoming. Always there for me! Speaking of which....

"You know what I could really go for right at this very moment?" I hinted, looking at my best friend with a wide smile and innocent doe eyes. She looked at me with a half smile.

"I'm going to go with Starbucks or smoothies." Leather joked, already standing up from her bed.

"Either one. Your choice really." I grinned at her, taking a twenty out of my wallet and handing it to her. "Get yourself something nice sweetheart." I winked. I'm weird. We're used to it.

"Weirdo." She chuckled, headed out of the my room and then out of the apartment we were renting while studying abroad. Gotta love her. Going out to get me things just cause I ask. I walked into the livingroom area and grabbed the landline.

Dialing the number I knew by heart since three years earlier. I had called that number more times than I could count. The reason for that was rather simple really. It was the number of my boyfriend.

"Pick up! Pick up!" I nearly whined as I waited for Nathan to answer. Seriously, how difficult was it to answer my phone call?

"Hello?" Answered a female voice. Why was a female voice answering my boyfriend's phone? What?

"Um, hiiii, is Nathan there?" I inquired, looking up at the ceiling.

"Who wants to know?" The girl replied in her nasal voice that made me think of Fran Drescher.

"His girlfriend." I stated. Idiot.

"Oooh. You. Nathaaaaaaannn! The girl your dating is on the phone!" The nasal voice shouted.

"Which one?" I heard him question with a laugh. "Hello?"

"Which one?" I hissed into the phone.

"Babe it was a joke. You know that." Nathan laughed. I felt my stomach unclench a little bit.

"Right ofcourse. So, um, who was that who answered your phone?" I couldn't help the curiosity that was held in that one question. It seemed to be over flowing with the suspicion I was trying to hide.

"Bridget? You know Bridget right? She goes to school with us."

"Does she? I don't remember her."

"Why do you sound so suspicious?"

"Why are you hanging out with another girl?"

"Why are you being so annoying Arianna?"

"Why aren't you answering my questions Nathan!"

"I think we need to take a break." Nathan said in a calm voice. What? Was he...?

"A break?" I asked.

"Not a break up. A few days without talking to eachother because you are really getting on my nerves."

"Well that was rude." I whispered. I heard my boyfriend scoff.

"I'll talk to you in a few days." With that the phone call ended. What was going on? What just happened? I placed the phone on the couch and walked away into the kitchen. Might as well do something productive.

Dinner would be a smart idea. I'm sure Leather would be hungry by the time she came home. I took the ingredients for quesadilas out of the fridge and placed them on the counter. Who needed a boyfriend all the way in America when they are in Australia? Not this girl! Oh my God I was going to cry....

"Ari! I'm home!" Leather shouted as I heard the door open.

"In the kitchen!" I yelled back, quickly wiping my eyes from the tears. She walked into the room with a large smile on her face. "Something good happen?" I inquired. Her smile then doubled in strength.

"You're not going to believe what just happened!" She cheered.

So basically, if you're reading this story I adore you! Vote and comment! Tell if you like it! Love Anne xx