Chapter Forty-Four - Leather

~Leather's POV~

"They're gonna hate me. I look like such a hobo." I muttered as I pulled at the bottom of my skater dress. Ashton was guiding me to the backyard to meet his family who had arrived. Nervous was an understatement for what I was feeling.

"Babe, they're going to love you because I do." Ashton smiled and kissed my cheek. I smiled and looked down. Man, I'm gonna miss him. "And you don't look like a hobo, you look hot." I felt my cheeks blush and Ashton winked at me. Damn him.

"Ashton! Ashton! Ashton! Can we play futbol now?!" A little boy ran up to Ashton and I and began pulling on Ashton's arm. I recognized him from pictures Ash showed me.

"Soon, buddy. I want to introduce you to someone. Harry, this is my girlfriend, Leather. Leather, this is my brother, Harry. And this," Ashton motioned to the woman and girl walking closer to us whom I also recognized, "is my sister, Lauren and my mom, Annmarie. Guys, this is,"

"Leather Monroe. Oh, Ash, honey, with the way you talk about her, I could spot her from a mile away." Ashton's mom teased him and I'm pretty sure both he and I blushed.

"I really hope he said good things." I joked and his mom laughed. That's a good sign, right?

"Let's just say, I know EVERYTHING and I still think you're a good choice for my son." Man, I was hoping she didn't know EVERYTHING.

"Do you guys want some food? It's fresh out of the oven!" I smiled and they all nodded and began following me.

"I really love your dress." Ashton's sister, Lauren said as she came up next to me as we were walking.

"Thank you! I got it in a store back home. If you're ever there, I can take you! They have so many cute things for teenage girls."

"That would be awesome." She smiled and whispered something in Ashton's ear that caused him to smile. Hmm...

"Leather! There's no more of that baked pasta thing you made!" Mikey whined and I rolled my eyes at him.

"It's called baked ziti, Mikey." I smiled and he rolled his eyes back at me. "Give me a minute. There's another tray in the oven." I went to go get the tray out of the oven when Calum bumped into me and the tray hit my forearm. "Mother fucker!" I screamed and the whole room went quiet. I look around and everyone was staring at me. Crap. Harry is only ten and everyone and their mother (literally) was in the kitchen.

"At least it wasn't me who knocked into her this time." Ashton said and the boys and Ari laughed. Everyone went back to eating and I ran my arm under cold water and got an ice pack to put on it.

A few minutes later, I walked over to Ashton's family and apologized to his mom. "I am so sorry for my outburst! It was completely unacceptable and I am so incredibly sorry."

Annmarie laughed and put her arm around me. "Oh, Leather, it is fine! Look at who my son is!" She gestured to Ashton and I laughed. "Go get yourself some food and come sit down with me so we can chat!"

XxXx

"The sky is beautiful! Look at the stars!" I said as I snuggled closer into Ashton on the lounge chair we were sitting on.

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you and everything you do. Yeah, they were all yellow." Ashton sang into my ear and I smiled.

"How did you know that was my favorite Coldplay song?"

"It's my favorite too." He kissed my head and pulled the blanket closer to my shoulders and I shivered. "I saw you and my mom got on really well."

"She's awesome and it's amazing how much she and your siblings love you. You mean so much to them, Ash. You mean so much to me." I mumbled the last part and buried my face in Ashton's chest.

It was pretty late at night and the boys' families left a while ago. Ashton and I decided to spend some time alone under the stars. What a cliche, right? I don't care what it is, I just never want this night to end.

I know Ashton and I are still going to talk as much as we can everyday and video chat and all that, but it won't be the same. I won't have his arms around me when I had a long day at school or when I fall asleep at night. I won't hear his giggle when I do or say something stupid. I could go on and on about what I'm going to miss about Ashton, but the truth is, I'm going to miss everything about him.

"What are you thinking about?" Ashton's voice interrupted my thoughts and I looked up at him and shrugged. "Fine, I'll tell you what I'm thinking about. I'm thinking about how much I am going to miss the amazing girl who has come into my life recently and how I don't want her to leave her place in my arms right now."

"Damn you." I laughed as a tear rolled down my cheek.

Ashton shifted us so that we were face to face. "I love you so much, Leather."

"I love you too, Ashton." I smiled as he wiped a tear from my cheeks. We both began leaning in for a kiss when...

"Leather! We need to go!" Arianna's screams caused Ashton and I to jump up. Tears were streaming down her face and I heard a shattering sound coming from the house.

"Ari, honey, what happened?" I asked as Ashton and I got up from the chair.

"Can we go, now? Please!" She choked on the last word and began crying more.

I turned and gave Ashton a quick hug and kiss. "I'll see you in the morning. I love you." I smiled and ran over to Ari. I put my arm around her and led us through the gate to the car. "C'mon, let's get you home."

"I love you!" I heard Ashton's voice echo through the night as I closed the gate. I smiled a bit before turning on the car and driving to the apartment.

Leaton is too cute! I am so sad they have to separate! And what happened with Ari?! Keep reading to find out! Until then, all my love, Harmony xxx