Chapter Twenty-Nine ~ Arianna

~Arianna's POV~

I was in the middle of crying over an episode of Gilmore Girls when there was a knock on the front door. I paused the episode and waited. The knock came again and I sniffled before standing up to go answer it. Whoever it was would have to deal with me looking like a wreck. When I finally opened the door I saw Luke standing on the other side.

"Ari, what's wrong?" He asked with this concerned look on his face. Why was he here? Leather.....

"I'm just watching Gilmore Girls I swear." I replied. He raised his eyebrow and I pouted. "It was a really emotional episode okay?!" I shot defensively.

"Can we talk?" Luke asked, looking me over with a frown. I paused in my thoughts.

"I don't know if..." I began but he cut me off.

"Please Arianna.." He had this sad look in his eyes and I couldn't help myself. I stepped aside and he walked in, shutting the door behind him. Before I could say anything he started talking. "I know I messed up, pushing you like that. You just got out of a really bad relationship and I should have known that you wouldn't want to move that fast. It was such an in the moment thing and I didn't even stop to think. I care about you so much and I don't want to lose you because I was stupid about something like that. I don't even want to sleep with you!"

"You don't huh?" I raised my eyebrow at him. He paused mid rant and looked back at me confused.

"Well I mean ofcourse I want to sleep with you but that was what caused a problem in the first place so I can wait." He had switched from a confused to a serious face. I thought back over my conversation with Leather and smiled at him. No, I definitely did not plan on losing Luke.

"Come here you idiot." I giggled and yanked him forward and into a hug. Without any shoes on at all I was literally an entire foot shorter than him, causing my head to collide with his chest. "I was the one being stupid. Not you. I love you." I kept my arms right around him as I looked up at him through my lashes.

"I love you too baby." He whispered. I scrunched up my nose at that pet name.

"Luke, my love, I love you to bits and pieces, but don't call me baby." I giggled, poking his nose.

"Why not? I thought it was cute. You know lots of guys..." He started on another ramble but I cut him off.

"Nathan called me baby." I stated, linking my hands together behind his neck. I was trying to distract myself from the pit in my stomach that grew as I said Nathan's name. Luke's hands rested on my hips.

"Hmmm, well then I definitely can't call you that. What about.... Babe?" I shook my head no. "Love?"

"Cute, but nah." I shook my head once more.

"What about, boo?" He inquired, a raised eyebrow directed at me. I giggled but scrunched my nose again. "Jesus Arianna! I'm trying here! Give me a hint!" He chuckled.

"Hmmm.... I've always wanted to be called my dear." I shrugged.

"Why in the world would THAT be what you want to be called?" He joked.

"It's from Pride and Prejudice. I mean technically she tells him not to call her that but I always thought it would be precious if someone said that to me." I released my hold on him and shrugged, beginning to back away. He grabbed on to my wrist and pulled me back to him, causing me to collide with him once more. This time his arms locked solidly around my waist.

"Whatever you want, kitten." He smirked.

"Ooooohhh! I like that one too. Very sexy." I winked. "I think my dear should be reserved for special times and you should call me kitten all the time, cause it sounds so.... Attractive when you say that." I bit my lip looking up at him. He smirked even more as he leaned down.