Popularity Problems

A/N: Hey guys how's it been? Haven't talked to you guys in a while. I had an awesome time at the retreat, but it's nice to be back and writing again. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy the chapter talk to you later.

------------------------------------------

"Hey Ash, ready to head off to school?" Gary asked.

"Yeah, just give me a sec to grab Pikachu," Ash said running back into his house. Gary was standing outside waiting when he heard screaming and a loud crash from inside the house. He quickly ran inside to see what happened.

"What happened?" Gary yelled as he burst through the door. He saw Ash on the ground with a bucket on his head and covered with soot. There was a wet and very annoyed Pikachu was sitting on his chest.

"Never wake up Pikachu from his sleep by dumping water on him," Ash said a little dizzily as he took off the bucket. Gary chuckled a little before helping Ash up. 

"Well, I know not to mess with Pikachu now," Gary said before walking to the door. "Well, hurry up before we're late." 

Ash quickly dusted himself off and grabbed Pikachu. Pikachu struggled for a bit before Ash said that he could have extra ketchup during lunch. The trio quickly made their way to school.

------------------------------------------  

Before Ash and Gary saw the school, they heard what sounded like a crowd in front of it. Ash looked at Pikachu and they exchanged glances.

"What's going on? The school is normally loud, but never this loud," Gary wondered out loud.

"I don't know, but let's go find out," Ash said picking up his pace. As they approached the school they could see more clearly that there was a huge crowd in front of it. There seemed to be multiple news crews and reporters. 

"What the Arceus is going on here?" Gary said. As the crowd saw Ash, Gary and Pikachu approach, they started to gather around them. The reporters were shoving microphones and cameras in their faces and bombarded him with questions.

"Ash, how did you manage to stop Garchomp on Halloween?"

"Ash, how did you fall off of the tower?"

"Gary, who caused this attack?"

"Mister Ketchum, just what happened when you were up on that tower?"

"Pikachu, is it really true that you're in love with ketchup?"

"PIKA," Pikachu yelled enthusiastically when he heard that question.

Luckily for Ash, Gary took charge. He grabbed Ash's arm and dragged him along through the crowd. 

"Excuse me, coming through, make way," Gary said as he pulled Ash along with him to the front of the school. Ash and Gary were able to weave their was through the crowd and made it to the front gate.

"Whew," Ash sighed, "I'm glad that we made it past that blockade. Thanks Gary." 

"I don't think we're out of the woods yet," Gary said looking over Ash's shoulder. Ash turned around and saw half of the students on campus rushing towards him. The students quickly surrounded the three and more questions were asked.

"Ash, are you ok?"

"Ash, I saw what you did on the tower, you were amazing!" 

"Gary, how did you take out all of the thugs?"

"ASH MARRY ME!" 

Ash, Gary and Pikachu tried to back up away from the crowd, but they surrounded them on all sides. Again, Gary tried to push through.