A Heroic Scouting

A/N: Alright I'm back. That was the longest week of my life. But I have good news for you guys. I got all A's except for one class. Coincidentally that was English. I would've gotten a 4.0 but my English teacher was like, "Oh let's have my students study for one thing, THEN COMPLETELY CHANGE THE TOPIC OF THE TEST," I hate English now. Maybe next year then. Anyways, I'm done ranting, enjoy the chapter guys. 

-----------------------------------

"Huh?" Cynthia asked looking at Ash, who was standing in a heroic position, with a very confused look. 

"You've just ruined the moment," Ash said giving Cynthia an annoyed look.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand how Greninja can help us, besides that fact that he can take down nearly anything,"

"I mean that's a good reason itself," Ash muttered, "I can see through Greninja's eyes. We can send him to look for an opening."

"Oh yeah, that is a really good idea," Cynthia mused. 

"PIKA PIKACHU," Pikachu yelled jumping up and down an pointing at itself with an annoyed expression.

"Oh yeah, thanks for the idea Pikachu," Ash said.

"I can't believe Pikachu came up with an idea before we could," Cynthia muttered.

"Alright Greninja, ready to go?" Ash asked the ninja frog Pokemon. 

Greninja gave him a nod with an affirmative "Gren."

"Let's go then, lead the way Greninja," Greninja gave him another nod before leading the way to the base.

-----------------------------------  

As Ash, Cynthia, Pikachu and Greninja approached the base, they stopped for a second in awe. The building was huge, and smack dab in the middle of the forest. There were high walls on the outside of the base preventing anyone unwanted inside. From the vantage point that the group was, they could see a courtyard, an eating area, a sleeping area, and a training ground. They could see people walking around doing their own thing from where they are. They were all dressed in the same jump suit. Positioned behind the courtyard is a huge building, which Ash guessed is the main building.

"We are infiltrating this?" Ash asked.

"Well apparently we are," Cynthia says.

"Ok then, lets get going," Ash said as Greninja stood up. He jumped down and landed on the ground below where Ash and the others were waiting. He ran up to the base and jumped from tree to tree, inspecting the base.

Each of the entrances were very well gaurded with 4 men to each door. Greninja noticed however, that the men looked tired and ready to go back inside. Greninja quickly alerted Ash through their bond and Ash looked through Greninja's eyes.

"Looks like their guard shift is nearly done. That might be our chance to move in. Ok Greninja good work, come back. We need to come up with a plan," Ash said.

"Gren," Greninja said carefully back tracking to the awaiting trainers and Pokemon.

-----------------------------------    

"Ok, so our best chance on getting into that base is right before the guard shift ends," Ash said, "The guards are the least alert then."

"Ok, so we can knock them out. I'm sure Greninja can do that easy," Cynthia said.

"Yeah, once-" Ash was suddenly cut off by a snap behind them. They heard voices moving towards them. Ash and Cynthia exchanged a look before taking off in different directions to hide.