[ Sunset ] Kaneki X Reader

(Anime: Tokyo Ghoul)

-Kaneki's pov-

I ran quickly, hopping from building tops to building tops. When I saw a hospital that she was staying in, I became upset of the thought I had in mind. I had a fear. A fear of her dying. I knew she didn't have that much time left. In fact, she only has today according to her doctor that I ear dropped on and what's worse, is that there's no cure for her. I stopped at the nearest building top and gazed at a window that was open.

I saw white curtains dancing in the soft breeze. I jumped down and softly landed on the edge of the window. Of course, I couldn't stand straight so I had to squat. I spotted a girl that was wearing the hospital's clothing and she was sitting upright. Her eyes were closed and didn't seem to be breathing. I panicked and my heart somehow gained some weights. Was I too late??? That question kept repeating in my mind over and over again, like a broken recorder.

I swiftly but quietly dashed to her side. I shook her slightly. She didn't respond and my heart gained some more weight. So I shook her again, just adding a bit more force. She finally opened her eyes, though it was slow. But at least she was fine...I sighed heavily in relief. "Don't scare me like that, I thought you were dead for a moment." She smiled weakly.

"I'm sorry for worrying-" She coughed twice before continuing, which worried me. "You..." She swallowed some of her saliva. I felt hopeless just watching her slowly slipping away. I bit my bottom lip in frustration and to hold back my tears. "What's with *cough* the long face? *cough, cough*." I shook my head, not daring looking at her in the eye or I might burst into tears (which I'm going to sooner or later). "Kaneki, look at me." I sense there's seriousness in her voice.

I slowly raised my head, trying my best to not look at her in the eye. Right when she saw my face, she knew I was about to cry. I quickly looked away, trying my hardest not to shed tears. She patted an empty spot next to her, which was closer to the window. I sat down and she immediately she pulled me into a tight hug, well, tried to...When I couldn't hold my tears, I cried for god knows how long.

Soon, I finished shedding tears but was still sniffing. When she pulled away, she coughed so much, too much to count. I quickly poured some water which was on a small table, next to me. I gave the glass of water to her. She was in the middle of coughing but took the glass anyway. After swallowing the whole glass, she coughed a bit afterwards.

She looked like she was in pain. Though she's not the only one who's in pain. I, too, was in pain, just by watching her...She smiled and handed back the cup which was now completely empty. I took it and placed it back on the table. When I turned my attention back to her, she was staring at the sun that was slowly setting through the opened window. I, too, stared at the scenery. Funny, the environment around us reminded me of that day. The day we first met, in this very same hospital and at this same time.

"Does this remind you of anything?" She asked me. I nodded. "Say, could you do me a favour?" I turned my head and gazed at her. I read her like a book and knew what to do. I carried her bridal style and jumped on top of the hospital. I sat at the edge of the building and allowed her to sit on my lap side wards.

"Is this view okay?" I softly asked and I knew she could pick up my emotion. She knew I was sad and that this was going to be our last moment together. We gazed at the sunset together. It was peaceful and I wished this could last forever. Unfortunately, the peaceful moment was ruined by her coughs. I panicked but I couldn't do anything. When it was over, I was unaware of my tears that was rolling down my cheeks.

"Don't cry, Kaneki..." She whispered softly and smiled. But what she said didn't help and if she can't help, I couldn't either. Her cold hands touched my cheeks and wiped my fresh tears away. "Kaneki...Don't...Cry...Anymore, please...Just smile...Before...I, go..." I cried even more and some of my tears fell on her cheeks. I pulled her into a hug.

"Don't say such things!" I knew she was very close to death but I was too stubborn to face reality.

"Kaneki...You must move on in life and leave me behind..." I shook my head, crying harder than I was before.

"No, Y/N! I won't leave you behind! I won't!"

"No, Kaneki, you have to...Or it'll-" She was starting to cough really badly and there's nothing I could do to save her. "Good...Bye...Kaneki..."

"NO, NO, NO, NO! DON'T LEAVE ME Y/N!"

"I...L-Love...You...Kane...Ki" She spoke her last words before slipping away.

"No...Don't..." I held her tightly, not wanting to let go. I wanted her to come back but...I knew she wasn't going to. "I love you, Y/N..." When I was ready to let her go, I jumped back into the hospital room and placed her on the bed. I placed my forehead on hers and closed my eyes. When I was done, I headed towards the open window. I turned around to see her peaceful face one last time and shed my last tears. "Good bye, Y/N..." I spoke my last words to her before jumping out and disappearing into the shadows.

-Extra Part (Not part of the story, it's just to make you feel better)-

-Crystal's pov (aka, me)-

Kaneki carried Y/N bridal style and jumped on top of the hospital. Suddenly, Y/N started laughing and I face-palmed. "CUT! Y/N! That wasn't supposed to be in the script!"

"HAHAHAHA! S-Sorry, I just...HAHAHHAHA, can't help it!" She laughed some more while Kaneki looked like he wanted to face-palm too.

"Y/N, why are you even laughing?" The camera dude asked her. Soon, she stopped laughing and answered his question.

"Well, it's just that Kaneki looked so funny when he cried. I mean look at the film! Hahahaha, it's soooooo funny, I can't help it!" She laughed once more, while Kaneki was twitching his eyebrow, meaning that he was going to snap at any moment.

"Sh*t up..." He sounded so pissed off. But Y/N didn't stop, she kept laughing and laughing. "That's it, I'm out." He finally snapped and dropped her dangerously close to the edge, which made her sh*t up and was panicking in the inside. While on the outside, she stayed frozen and one wrong movement she could fall to her death. I widen my eyes and I, too, was panicking.

"Someone get over there and help her, ASAP! AS FOR YOU KANE-" Kaneki was nowhere to be seen. "WHERE THE HE** IS HE???!!!" No one knew where he went. I twitched my eyebrow and yelled, "KANEKI!!! GET UR A** OVER HERE!!"

-Kaneki's pov from a long distance from Crystal and Y/N-

I sighed. "She sure do have a big mouth...I can hear her all the way from here..." I smirked when I saw Y/N's face. "Serves her right."

-Crystal's pov-

Out of the blue, I squeezed twice. It's not even cold so why am I squeezing? "Has anyone found Kaneki or helped Y/N?"

"Umm, we haven't found Kaneki and a group of four is going to help Y/N." Someone said. I sighed.

"What a pain..."

-Your pov-

I wanted to squeeze but...I can't! Cuz if I did, I'll to my death! I don't wanna die young! Someone, please help me!

~*~O~*~O~*~O~*~O~*~O~*~O~*~O~*~O~*~O~*~O~*~O~*~O~*O~*~

I FINALLY UPDATED THIS BOOK! YAY! I HAVEN'T EVEN UPDATED IN LIKE...FOREVER (Since August...)! Btw, don't mind the caps X3 Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my sad-ish one-shot and don't forget, you can request any guy characters in these anime:

> Hunter X Hunter

> Black Butler

> Bleach

> Naruto

> Tokyo Ghoul

> Gakuen Alice

> Yugioh

> Pokemon

More might be added in the future X3. Laterssss~!