Road Trip: Chapter 3

You're in the same town... You should have known this would happen.

(Y/N POV)

You were sitting on the floor of your bedroom, playing a card game of your own invention.  You had invited your cousin Pacifica over, ostensibly to meet Bill and Will but actually so you could interrogate her about Dipper.

Will had predictably hidden behind you during the introductions, but Pacifica was an expert in the art of setting people at ease.  Bill had been standoffish as well, but Pacifica's captivating smile had soon left both of your boys practically eating out of her hand.

"So, Paz," you started casually.  "Jasmine tells me you have a new boyfriend?" You tapped the deck.  "Take two cards, by the way."

Pacifica picked up two cards from the pile.  "Ooh, I have bingo!" She put down five cards in a row, shooting Jasmine a scowl before responding.  "Yes, the loudmouth is right.  Dipper and I have been dating for almost three months now."

"You have bingo already?" Bill cut in.  "All I have is two jokers and an Uno card!"

He irritably picked another card off the pile.  You watched him with a slight frown.  He caught your eye and smirked at you, winking subtly.  You rolled your eyes.

You couldn't help but dwell on what had happened last night.  You appreciated Bill standing up for you to your father, but the scene had been an uncomfortable reminder that Bill was not domesticated.  No matter how much he may act like your lapdog, on the inside he was still very much a wolf.  And like all wild animals, it made him unpredictable and dangerous.

"What's he like?" you asked Pacifica.  "I need six twos and an instruction card."

"What's a two?" Will asked.

"They're over here in the Phase 10 deck." Pacifica passed you a stack of cards. "He's very reserved; he doesn't talk much. But he's a gentleman. He's always polite to me, and he's very considerate to his sister."

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw that Will's face had turned completely white. Bill scooched slightly to bump shoulders with him supportively.

"Is... that so?" you asked carefully, beginning to stack the base of your card tower. "What's she like?"

"I've only met her a couple of times, but she's... interesting," Pacifica said hesitantly.

"Interesting how?" you pressed.

"Well, she's nice enough, but... it's like she's hiding something."

"I bet," Bill muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" Pacifica asked.

"Nothing," he said quickly.

"Anyway, if you want to know more about him, you can ask him yourself.  I invited him over.  I hope that's all right?"

The card house collapsed under your hands.

"You built three levels!  You get ten points, Y/N!" Jasmine exclaimed.  

You didn't answer, staring at Pacifica like she was suddenly a scorpion.  "You did what?" you shouted.

Before she could answer, you heard the doorbell ring from downstairs.  You shared an alarmed glance with Bill, who already had his arm protectively around Will.  You jumped to your feet, rushing out of your room and leaving a perplexed Jasmine and Pacifica in your wake.  You nearly barreled right into Carla, who was coming up the stairs with Dipper at her heels.

"Y/N, your friends are here to see you," she said as you reached them.  You ignored Carla, grabbing Dipper roughly by his collar and throwing him against the wall.  He grunted as the breath was knocked out of him.