Meanwhile That Night...

(A/N: I set out to write a new chapter of Beauty and the Dorito tonight, and this happened instead.  One of these days I'll actually write the thing I sat down to write, but TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY.  Don't ask why I'm publishing stuff in the middle of the night, but here's this request from xxbipperxx6551! Specifically, I was asked to describe what Bill and Y/N got up to while Will was on his date.)

(Y/N POV)

"Have fun, you crazy kids!" Bill shouted. Will slammed the door on him.

"Was that really necessary?" you asked Bill, rolling your eyes.

"Yes."

You laughed. "Whatever you say."

You sat back down at the table and started to put the cards away.

"You don't want to go back to our game?" Bill asked innocently.

"What's the point? I haven't won a single hand all day."

"All the more reason to keep going!" Bill cajoled. "You might get lucky."

"Luck has nothing to do with it," you said pointedly.

You felt Bill's arms wrap around you from behind, his chin resting on your head. "Aww, don't be like that," he muttered into your ear. "We've got the whole evening to ourselves, you know. We can do whatever you want."

"About that," you said, turning in your chair to face him. "Did you mean what you said earlier? About how you'd rather spend time with me than go on dates with anyone else?"

"Of course I did," he said with a straight face. "You know you're my whole world, Y/N."

You laughed. "I'll never understand how you can say such sappy things without cracking up."

"Same way I'm so good at poker," he smirked. "Centuries of practice. The award for 'best fake romantic confession' goes to me every time."

Your smile dropped. "So you've made fake romantic speeches to people in the past?"

He didn't catch your sudden discomfort. "All the time, actually. You'd be surprised how easy love-starved humans are to manipulate. All it takes is a push of the right buttons."

You felt slightly nauseous. "Bill... If you're as good at lying as you claim you are... then how can I ever know if you're telling the truth to me?"

He was silent for a moment. "I guess you're just going to have to trust me."

Your smile returned, but it was a weak echo of what it had been a moment ago. "I'll... try."

You felt Bill walk away. "We can practice if you want," he said. "For example, you can trust that I'm about to mop the floor with you in a Nerf war."

"In a what?" you barely had time to ask before a foam projectile hit you in the back of the head.

"Ow!" you cried, ducking too late. "Where did you even get that?"

A second gun landed on the table, making you jump. "En garde, milady!" Bill challenged.

"Oh, you are going to get it," you growled, snatching up the gun and ducking behind your chair to avoid his next shots, which sailed over your head.

You responded with a salvo of darts that forced him to duck behind the doorway to the living room. Taking advantage of his obstructed view, you leaped out from behind the chair and sprinted to the door, shooting him in the face at point-blank range when he leaned around the door frame.