When he feels like a wall

Amelia was standing in front of the mirror getting ready. This was one of those rare friday nights where she was going out on town with her best friend Linda, something she didn't do very often.

She brushed her long blond hair, contemplating whether to leave it down or put it up, deciding to leave it tumbling down her back.
She finished of the light make-up, looking into her own blue-grey eyes, this had to do.

They were going to a karaoke bar, and she put on a pair of skinny jeans and a fitted T-shirt, that left about an inch of her abdomen visible, she was happy about the way it showed of her body without being to much.

She was a slim girl and until she turned 18, she had been really skinny without any curves. But suddenly both her breasts and her behind had grown in and the boys started paying attention.

Now she was 26 years old and she was happy about how she looked, she was athletic without it being to much and had curves without it getting vulgar if she had to say it herself.

"Hi Ami, are you ready ?" Linda smiled at her when she stepped onto the train and flopped down next to her.

Amelia nodded. "Yes, well as ready as I'll ever get for a night out, no it is going to be fun. Is Kasper okay with you going out ?"

Kasper was Lindas boyfriend, they had been together for almost two years and Amelia thought they were perfect for each other.

"Yes of course, he know I am with you and you would never get me in trouble". Linda said grinning.

Amelia had only had one boyfriend in her life, Daniel, whom she had met when she was 18 years old. They had been together for 6 years and she thought they were forever, until she found out he had cheated on her again and again, she hadn't had a boyfriend since.

She shook her head. "No as always it is probably you who will try to get me in trouble".

"You can't stay single forever because of that asshole Ami. You are so beautiful and have so much to offer the right guy". Linda said with a sweet smile.

Amelia shook her head again. "I could easily find some guy, but most men can't be trusted. You are so lucky to have found one of the rare exceptions".

"But then don't find a boyfriend. Just let your hair down, have a fling, before you turn back into a virgin". Linda said grinning.

She rolled her eyes. "You know that is not my ting Linda, and lets just say, that the selection of men around here is less than satisfactory".

"Or maybe you have impossible standards, no man can live up to all those criterias". Linda said teasingly.

Did she ? She actually didn't think so, she just didn't want to waste her time on a man that wasn't the right one. It wasn't so much the looks, but of course being hot was a plus. It was more something intangible and of course the way he acted and carried himself.

She shrugged. "I don't think I am choosy. I just know what I want, and especially what I do not want".

When they walked into the bar and sat down with a drink, they started looking around and Linda asked. "Not one single interesting guy ?"

"Nope can't say there is, haven't seen one above a 6 yet". Amelia answered grinning, why did Linda always tried so hard to find her someone ?

Linda took a sip of her drink. "Let me guess, nothing less than a perfect 10 is good enough for you ?"

"Stop it, a solid 9 would suffice or even an 8 if he had other talents". She said lifting one eyebrow.

Linda shook her head. "Those talents you ain't gonna find out about if you don't even talk to them".