Talk of the future

"When do you leave ?" It was saturday afternoon and Amelia was laying on her back on the bed, looking at the ceiling.

Zac was laying next to her on his side, drawing little figures on her naked body with his fingers. "Wednesday evening, it is getting way to close".

"Yeah, I guess we have to talk about this. What we will do. What we will be and so on". She had feared this talk.

He propped himself up on his elbow and looked at her. "You know I love you Ami, I will do anything to make this work".

"But how, you will be very busy back home and I will probably be very busy soon to. How will you feel not seeing me for weeks, maybe even months ?" She asked him.

She saw his eyes go misty. "I will feel terrible. I would lie if I said something else, but the alternate is worse, unless I can talk you into coming with me".

"Zac please don't do this, you know I can't, it would be way to soon and I got my work and hopefully a record deal too ". She looked at him with sad eyes.

He threw himself down on his back next to her. "I know and I get it, but some egoistic part of me just want you to throw everything else aside to be with me".

"We just have to believe that if we are meant to be, then we can make it". She rolled onto her side looking at him.

He ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah faith and beliefs is all I have to grab onto now".

"But could we just not talk about it anymore today ? I would like to have a nice evening with Linda and Kasper". She looked at him pleadingly.

She leaned over and kissed him, but he pulled away. "Of course, we got four whole days until I leave, by all means let's go have fun and ignore the reality".

"If you are going to be like that, then I think it is better if you don't go Zac, I am not in the mood for this". She said up, getting annoyed.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her down to him. "I am so sorry, that wasn't fair baby, I am just so scared of losing you".

"Funny you seem to be working hard on pushing me away". She knew she was being a bitch, but she was angry.

He looked like a puppy getting kicked and his voice broke. "Sorry, I didn't mean it, please forgive me ?"

"It is okay, I wasn't being fair either, I just need to get out, have some fun and forget about it for a couple of hours, okay sweetie ?" She snuggled into him.

He held her close and hid his face in her hair. "Of course we will go and we will have a great time".

They went to take a shower and Zac began to soap her up and she thought he wanted sex again, but he just washed her gently and she enjoyed that it for once didn't have to end in sex.

They got dressed and drove to the city, Zac was very quiet, but at least he wasn't being negative.

"Hey sweetie, hi Zac". Linda hugged both of them before sitting down, Kasper hugged Amelia and shook Zacs hand.

They ate at an Australian restaurant called Reef'n'beef and they actually had a good time, Zac had forgot to sulk and was his usual happy self.

They decided to go to a local bar that played live music and get a couple of drinks before heading home.

And it started out cosy enough, but after three drinks Kasper made the mistake of asking what they would do now when Zac had to go home soon.

Zac had gotten some wine with the food to, and was a bit tipsy and he answered a bit harsly. "Well I don't know, Ami wont go with me and she don't think we have time to see each other".

"Zac stop that, you promised we would have a good time, let's talk about this tomorrow, this is not the time or place". Amelia shoot him a dirty look.

Zac looked at Kasper ignoring her. "But on the other hand, she doesn't love me anyway, so that might be where the bone is buried".

"Come Ami, let's go dancing, then those idiots can talk all they like, because this I am not listening to". Linda pulled Amelia with her out on the dance floor.

His comment had caused her physical pain, she already felt bad not being able to put her feelings into words and the raw pain in his voice, how much this hurt him, felt like getting hit in the guts.

She hoped he would stop it, maybe he would calm back down given a bit of space while she danced with Linda, if not he could sleep at the hotel tonight.