First date and a fit of jealousy

Even though Amelia had gone to bed late the night before, she woke up early the next morning, feeling so excited she could go back to sleep. She was going on a date.

She debated whether to write and tell Linda, but she kind of wanted to make sure it actually lead to something first, she didn't want to get her friends hopes up.

Maybe he turned out to be a total jerk or maybe he had some big flaw she hadn't spotted in the darkened bar that would turn her off. Maybe he wouldn't show up at all.

She showered and had some breakfast, but she couldn't really eat anything, getting more and more nervous. She hadn't been on a date forever.

Regarding clothes she didn't really have a choice, she was going straight to work after, so she put on her work clothes, a fitted black skirt which just reached her knees and a white button down shirt.

She pulled her hair into a ponytail and put on a light makeup, this was how she looked for work, and if her everyday looks wasn't good enough, well then he wasn't worth the time.

On the train she started regretting that she had said yes. There had to be something wrong with him, and even if there wasn't what was the idea ? He was going home soon, to the other side of the world.

When she walked towards the clock she almost hoped he wasn't there, it would make it so much easier and she didn't have to make any hard choices.

She spotted him right away. He was kind of hard to miss due to his height. He was leaning against a column, wearing fitted jeans, a grey long sleeved T-shirt and a backwards cap.

Amelia had told herself he couldn't possibly be as gorgeous as she remembered, the alcohol and dim lighted room had to have blurred her vision. But now when she saw him in broad daylight and as sober as she could get, she realised he was even better looking than she remembered.

Suddenly she was about to panic, she couldn't do this, she wasn't ready for this and she was about to turn and walk away when he spotted her. "Ami ?"

"Oh hi Zac". She walked towards him instead, he flashed her a beautiful smile, and suddenly she felt almost at ease, what had she been panicking about ?

When they reached each other he hugged her, his voice warm against her ear. "I hope you slept well".

"Yeah didn't get a lot of hours, but slept pretty good, what about you ?" She felt herself relax even more.

He offered her his arm and she accepted. "I slept like a baby, Joel told me to say hi, he is filming today".

"Thank you, you have to give him a hug from me, what movie is he shooting here ?" She couldn't help but ask.

They walk out of the grand station. "Actually I don't know much about it, it is kind of secret, but it is something historical".

"Did you have any plans for where to eat ?" She glanced up at him, in the sunlight his eyes had a lot of green in them.

He stopped by a pedestrian crossing. "Well I have only been here three days, so I don't know many places, but I spotted a cafe over on that corner when we arrived".

"I know that one, they have great food and it's a nice place to sit, so that sounds like a great idea". She said.

They walked to the cafe and got a table in the back next to the window. There they'd have some privacy to talk and they could watch people pass by, he gallantly pulled out her chair.

"Those legs, aren't they getting in the way a lot ?" She smiled teasingly at him, as he tried to fold them to fit under the small cafe table without taking up her space.