Chapter 9

Niall's POV

"Demi. Can we talk?" I asked.

"What's up?" She started off.

"So.. What are we?" I shyly asked.

"Niall. Don't you see it? Everything was fine when I never met you. When we did, we were nothing but fighting every single time." She honestly stated.

I did realize that too. I'm guessing our relationship was good before we met. It's crazy and I know I can't leave it like this.

The first time we finally met, everything and anything that were happening between us were falling apart. Nothing was going right.

I'm guessing it was really meant to be. It was meant to just be long distance. We weren't supposed to meet up.

It shouldn't have gone deeper.

We shouldn't have gone closer.

I was shattered. Is this how it should be? To hang out with Demi through phones and such because that's how our relationship got stronger? Only going verbally to keep the friendship going?

"Demi. If I never met you. I wouldn't have seen your genuine smile.

If I never met you, how was I to know what I felt about anything?

If I never met you, I would've been still here hating on the world.

If I never met you, I wouldn't have gotten up on my feet because of how broken I was at the time.

This was all because of you."

"Gee. Niall. Thanks for making things more complicated than it already is." She said sarcastically. "Stop with that stupid charm of yours. I'm not buying that. We were just fine as friends and you came in and try to ruin it. god. stop it!" She finally said and went straight to her dressing room.

"Go ahead Demi! Escape from your problems again. You also did promise you'll not leave me yah know?" I said sarcastically this time.

I started being loud about it. "Don't escape. We're not yet done talking about this. Please?"

*PAGING DEMI LOVATO. EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR YOU BEFORE WE BEGIN. PAGING DEMI LOVATOOO!!*

"No Niall. As you can see I'm busy. I have a career to look into. You should too." She said angrily and left to the judges panel.

Demi's POV

Was he serious? I needed to put him to the status where he's supposed to be. I don't love him. I know I don't. I may not understand what I feel about it but Niall isn't in that category... I think.

The real enemy is myself. Lying to myself. Tricking myself into believing that he's someone I dont need. Because right now, I don't.

I didn't care if I was running away. One thing needs to be pointed out though...

I can't run away from myself.

-------------

Niall's POV

I had an idea. I was thinking maybe I can sing to her with the boys tonight. I asked them and they agreed to do it.

Demi was out of sight. She probably went to the restroom or something. I went up to Simon and asked him if we could use the stage now. It was break time anyway. Nobody uses the stage at this time.

"Please uncle Simon!!"

"What for lad?"

"I just want to apologize to someone. The best part to do it is on stage. please?"

"Fine."

"Thank you!!"

That was a relief. I called up the boys and lined up on stage as I joined them.

Demi was on sight now. She approached the judges panel.

"Demi......."

---------

Vote up! FEEDBACK?

Teaser: Playing hard to get?