Chapter three

"Les didn't get up on time so he'll have to pack his bag here." Davey grumbled throwing his brother's empty suitcase on the couch. "I kind of just threw stuff in the car I thought might come in handy. I'm pretty sure I've got something in there to get us through every disaster thinkable...and knowing you boys, I'll get the chance to use all of it."

"Somebody obviously got up on the wrong side of the bed." Specs chuckled, slapping Davey on the bed. "Okay I think that's all I need!" Les announced, sneaking a bag of candy under the clothes in his suitcase before slamming it shut. "Good then lets go!" Jack jumped up eagerly. Despite being up since 5 AM, he was still determined to make this the best trip possible.

"Hold on, Jack." Crutchie scanned the room. "We're missing someone pretty important." Jack groaned. "Where is she? She's usually early to stuff! Seriously, the one time she's late..." he mumbled as he pulled out his phone and texted Katherine.

"While we're waiting..." Race ran to the kitchen. "Who wants to help me pack snacks?" He yelled. "Wait, Race! I already have snacks!" Davey called, following him. Les made a face. "No you don't. You packed bananas, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, oranges, apples, carrots...stuff like that. Race means real snacks!" He whipped a huge carton of goldfish out of the cupboard.

"No!" Davey promptly took the box out of Les's hands and held it high out of his reach. "No junk food until you eat some real breakfast."

"Great idea! We'll stop at McDonalds and pick up breakfast!" Specs chimed in. "That's not real food!" Davey protested, appalled at the idea. "You can't start your morning off with that! You need nutrition and protein and..."

"Bad news." Jack stepped into the kitchen, phone in hand. "Kath's grounded again."

Wrote this at 1 AM... I apologize. Also I'm sorry for the short chapter!