The Dark Stone

Zedkiel followed the directions through the forest from his phone to the place the Directors had called him.

He had made a promise to help the Directors, who were the Kubulus Generals, with anything they want as long as Lia stays out of this. He couldn't risk seeing his step-cousin getting hurt. He stopped suddenly in the midst of the tall trees when he caught a glimpse of several green jets just hovering over the ground and alien troops marching in suits of black, armed with guns surrounding a massive dark pit.

He knew this was the place at once. So casually, he walked over with his hands in his jacket's pocket and remained a normal face. He found the Directors talking to each other not far away and went to them.

"I am here for duty. You have called me here. What's the matter?"

The General of Reflexes, the one with frizzly brown hair, separated from the group to talk to him personally, near the edge of the never ending falling pit.

"We believe we have found the biggest mine of all yet," he whispered with supressed excitement. "With this one, we won't need to find another one anymore. Our mission will have their needs, and the final plan will for sure be completed at last!"

"And..? Why did you call me here for?" Zedkiel asked dully, unhappy with the reason he was called off for.

The General sighed. "See this?" He pointed into the pit.

"Yeah." Zedkiel replied, still not getting the point.

"We need you and your Venosaur's help to take the boulder up. Course you can't see it from here, it's Dark energy is inpenetrable, incredible, especially this one." He chuckled.

"Once I'm done, can I get back?" Zedkiel said irritatively.

"Of course, of course. Now, if you don't mind me asking, please do your thing."

Zedkiel gritted his teeth to get rid of the annoyance the General has gave him; this one was the most irritative of all. He took out his Pokeball containing his Venosaur from a special belt he got that held Pokeballs and threw it up.

"I choose you, Venosaur!"

A second later, the spacy area beside them had been preocupied by none other than the giant, green Venosaur.

"Use Vine Whip to carry the boulder up!"

"Saur!" Two green, smooth vines appeared from either side of Venosaur and reached down the dark pit. Its vines touched something and it tried getting it around, so that it'll be easier to carry.

Then it pulled, as strong as it can. Zedkiel could see from above the shadows shifting, it must be the Dark stone.

"You're doing great, Venosaur! Keep it up!"

But Venosaur was starting to lose its energy, it was instead being dragged slightly forwards by the weight of the boulder.

"Directors! Venosaur needs help!"

They all stared at him unimpressed.

"Do whatever this boy tells you, and help out that Venosaur," the General of Solidification ordered with the wave of his hand.

"Yes, sir!"

The troops gathered thick ropes and attached them with three-fingered clippers at the end and threw them into the pit, where it gripped from all directions of the Dark stone.

"One, two, three, pull!"

Everyone struggled to pull as Zedkiel and the Directors watched. Some were stumbling, but some were doing great.

Alas, the giant Dark stone came out, emitting a weak wave of Dark energy to those near it, making them shudder. Zedkiel got to admit too, this may be the very last one they needed. It was so big, the energy so strong he could feel it from here.

"This is...amazing! With this, we are one step further in Operation Light Soul. I must thank you, Zedkiel," the General of Telekenisis, a fair-sized alien who wore spectacles, nodded gratefully at Zedkiel.

"I am honoured. May I leave now?" Zedkiel requested impatiently.

"But of course. You may go," he added with a slight sneer.

Zedkiel glared dully to see if they have anything else to say, then realised that they didn't care much of his presence, he took out his Pokeball.

"Venosaur, return."

Once the red beam of light had sucked in his Venosaur, he jumped and ran off the way he had came from, hoping he hadn't taken too long. Lia would kill him.