Talking with the Masters

I walked in with Alec gripping my arm tightly, I glanced at him signaling the, it’s okay face but he only loosened his grip slightly. I looked directly at Aro as he got out of his throne and approached us smiling.

“She’s awake! Oh how wonderful!” Aro smiled taking my hand.

I backed up uneasily, not wanting to be touched.

“What is wrong dear?” Aro looked up from my gripped hand.

“I don’t like being touched”

Alec slowly let go of my arm understanding my discomfort, but Aro kept his grasp acting as if I said nothing at all.

“You don’t seem to remember much do you?… Evelyn” Aro said eyeing Jane.

“No not much at all”

“Well it doesn’t matter about your human life! What matters is your stronger new vampire-self.”

“Indeed” Caius pitched in gliding to Aro’s side.

Marcus on the other hand laid in his throne looking bored out of his mind.

“How are her powers?” Caius asked not taking his eyes off me.

“They are there, she just doesn’t know how to use them” Alec answered.

“If that’s the case she is useless.”

“Dear brother they will show with some practice.”

Aro looked back at me “Do you sense any power at all?”

“Some” I said not wanting to be useless.

Aro’s eyes lit up “Well what can you see so far?”

“I can sense if someone’s a threat, so I’m not sure if it’s the telepathic, or emotion seeing power.”

“Would you mind demonstrating?”

“Um, okay” I agreed nervously.

I didn’t have a clue of what to do. Alec told me when I knew he wasn’t a threat, that was the beginning of my powers, only the beginning! I scanned the room for anything one or thing that could help me, and out of surprise the one person I thought would never help me did, Jane. Jane had waves of color moving out from her body, black and purple, and I could feel them as if they were hitting me in the back of my neck.

“Jane” I smiled.

She snapped her head over at me, her eyes growing anxious.

“I can see waves of color around Jane, emotion waves.  and may I say they are strong hatred, and jealously, towards me”

Jane stood there her face twisted with anger.

“Sister” Alec put his hand on Jane’s shoulder soothing her.

“Jane, control yourself dear, Evelyn was merely demonstrating” Aro eyed her anxiously. “You may show her your power in your own time”

She has a power?

“Why can she only see emotion waves from Jane?” Caius asked bitterly.

“It must be stronger, and easier for her to see. Once she learns how to use them regularly she’ll see all of ours, and hear our thoughts” Aro grinned “Isn’t that right dear?”

“Yes sir” I’m not calling him master…

“Very well… you may go now”

“Master” Alec and Jane bowed before leaving.

Alec and I were once again behind Jane as we walked back down the hall.

“I’m sorry I did that to your sister”

Alec smiled “Its okay you were only showing your power”

He began to stroke my golden brown hair, as we walked up the two steps to the exit of the main hall. Jane slammed the door in front of us so she could get even more ahead, and when she did the other doors behind shut too, and in that instant terror stuck. I collapsed to the ground with a painful scream, my head ached as if someone hit me with a hammer. Emotion waves shot out of Alec and Jane as she ran back in the hall, waves of color flooded behind me too, from all the guards in the other room where we just exited… as they too ran out in the hall. The colors blinded me and everyone thoughts filled me head. Blind and helpless I begged.

“Help…” I moaned.

“Aro! What’s going on?” Alec pleaded.

I felt a cold hand sit me upright against a wall.

“Her powers” Aro answered. “Can you hear me dear?”

I could hear him barely through the thoughts filling my head, but I didn’t reply.

 “Will it stop?” Marcus asked.

“It has to at some point…”

The colors filled with darker waves, getting darker until I saw nothing.

“Help…” I cried out softly.

 The last thing i felt was Alec's hand in mine before i went numb.

-What do you think? I’ll help you catch up if you’re confused. The doors slamed shut just like it did when she was on the tour, that then triggered her powers to take affect and change her slightly (as you will learn in the next chapter) The picture in here shows what the waves of emotions look like to her. Different colors depending on the emotion. I hope that makes sense... :(  Please comment and vote!-