Understanding my powers

I opened my eyes to a blaring light in my face. I was in a totally different room with different people, I couldn’t make out their faces but they were not Alec, and that’s enough to set me off.

“Alec!?” I cried out.

I jerked up and felt a hand tug me back down on the hard metal table.

“Relax young one” A vampire’s voice chimed, it was Aro.

I began to panic as I looked around the room, the walls were white along with the tiled floor, and I was lying on a plain medal table with Felix behind me.

“What am I doing here?” I asked startled.

“We are just checking on you to see why you sleep, and cry. It’s not normal for a vampire to do that, so we are going to ask you questions, is that alright my dear?” Aro’s voice was calm and leveled.

 “Sure” I simply , I remember Alec told me this would happen… but not like this.

“Fantastic, do you feel strong?”

“Yes very,”

Felix chuckled behind me, I gave him a quick jab even though he felt no pain from it.

“How is your speed?”

I got up from the table nudged Felix out of the way and sped to the door and back within a half a second.

“Can I leave now?” I asked eager to see Alec.

“Not yet” Aro responded in a flat tone.

I laid back in boredom and closed my eyes so the light would not shine in my eyes and burn them. Aro touched my hand reading all my thoughts, raising an eyebrow I pulled away and sat up.

“Your eyes should not be sensitive either” he mused mostly to himself. “It must connect to your power… emotion seeing feeling, and mind reading.

“That would make sense” Felix pitched in.

“Yes…. You can see emotions so you must feel them strongly, but crying and your eyes….”

“My eyes are rainbow just like the colors of the emotion waves I see, and I can cry because well, I can feel emotions so why would I not be able to express them?” I analyzed trying to quicken the pace.

“Sleeping….” Aro added softly.

“You think after ALL that, I wouldn’t get tired?” I snickered.

Aro looked dismayed that his curiosity will probably never be fully appeased, but I am not a lab experiment I thought to him, I have rights. Aro chuckled at my thought of rights and smiled.

“Dear one, you may see your beloved Alec now, I’ll discuss these thoughts with my brothers.”

“Thank you Mas-“ I stopped before I could call him a head-figure, “Thank you Aro”

Aro glared unhappily at me, as his emotion waves seemed to slightly change to frustration and impatience. I was out of that place within seconds speeding down to Alec’s room (My room as well)

                                                                               *******  

“Alec?” I called.

He wasn’t anywhere in his room I sighed in sorrow, he wasn’t sent on a mission was he? I swiftly fell onto my bed and cuddled into my pillow when I felt something, a note.

Dear Evelyn,

Sorry I handed you over to Aro, I really didn’t have a choice…. I hope you’re not mad about it. I’m not sure if you even woke up during the “checkup” you are a very deep sleeper. If you haven’t noticed the date yet…. it’s Valentine’s day. If you would come down to the Lobby I would like to show you around Vollterra, just the two of us?

-Alec

I smiled and held the letter to my chest, simple but mysterious… I like it! I got up fixed my golden brown hair and sped down the hall to see my much-loved Alec.

-I know another short chapter i'm sorry! :( I'll upload sooner this time. PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE! <3 happy Valentines day people!-