The Threat

“Jane?” I now walked in the room cautiously.

I walked over to the bookshelf where she was standing before, looking at the books she was so focused on trying to find a clue of where she went. The door slammed shut, I turned away quickly to see Jane, she was not happy her emotions were red and black.

“Jane…” I backed up.

“Stop saying my name I’m right here” She snarled.

I felt as if my whole body was in flames, I went to the ground screaming. It felt like the pain I experienced when I first got bitten.  Jane’s power I thought, this is what Aro was talking about earlier.

“Please stop! I only came to talk to you!” I screamed urgently.

“Then speak” she said without sympathy.

I gasped as the pain stopped and stood up bravely.

“How much did you see with me and Alec?”

“Enough”

“I’m sorry but I love him, and he feels the same for me.” I defended.

“You don’t know by brothers feelings, he does.”

“Right” I agreed not wanting to get burned.

“Now you listen to me, Evelyn” Jane moved right in front of me in lightning speed. “Stay away from my twin, I don’t want you in his life, got that? He’s not himself around you.”

I nodded, obviously not agreeing and ran past her out of the room. Running down the hall I kept looking back to make sure she wasn’t following me, Dear gosh she hates me! I fled around the castle halls looking for the library, finally after 10 minutes. I saw Alec standing outside two huge doors.

“Evelyn!” He called. “What took you so long?”

“Nothing” I stuttered trying not to think of Jane, what was the worst thing she could do to me? I’m a vampire.

“Okay well want to look at some books?” He smiled taking me in by my waist into a hug.

I hesitated then looked at his angelic face, “Of course”

He put his arm around me directing me into the vast library. Wooden shelves held massive isles of old time-worn books, it even smelled like old book pages. There was a peaceful reading area in the back with a red velvet couch and side tables.

“Come, let the tour begin”

“Yep, reading area and book shelves I got it” I smiled.

“Well miss intellectual, lets go in the reading area and talk.”

We ran over at vampire speed, I laid sideways on the couch taking most of the space. So Alec had to put my head on his lab.

“Lets get to know each other better” i urged wanting to know everything about him.

“Okay, so where are you from?”

“I forgot…” I breathed.

“Right, but from your accent you seem American”

“That’s cool you know more about me than myself.”

“I know a lot” He bragged.

“So what’s your full name?”

“Alec Volturi” he said simply.

“That’s it, than do you know my full name…. Alec Volturi?” I smirked.

He hesitated, and pondered in thought. Everyone always says my name oddly, Evelyn. What’s wrong with that. The curiosity got to my head, so I tuned into his thoughts. "Should I tell her her real name is Athena? Or tell her its her middle name… I can’t tell on Jane for naming her after the real Evelyn it was Athena’s twin, it would hurt Athena and make the relationship between the two worse…”

“What happened to Evelyn?” I asked sternly.

“What-what do you mean?”

“Don’t play dumb!” I stood up angrily. “My twin Alec! what happened to her?!”

He looked at me in sadness. “Its best to let things go.”

“Not if your life’s a lie Alec! I thought I could trust you!” I screamed in anger.

He seemed shocked, and dismayed as he looked into my eyes.

“I’m sorry… I just want to know.” Tears filled my eyes as I sat back down next to him.

“Hate to change the subject but vampires aren’t supposed to cry.”

I ignored his comment and began to guilt him into telling me the truth.

“Alec…” I wept “Please tell me”

“Okay, please stop crying.” He cuddled me in his arms. “Its time for you to know the truth.”

-Please comment and rate! The next chapter “the truth” will be up soon.