Jane & Alec

Jane led me down a dim lit hall, She suddenly turned and opened a small stone door, sending a chill down my spine as we entered the even darker ice-cold room. I was shaking hysterically since I only had on an off the shoulder shirt, jeggings and flip-flops. I walked in steadily, I could barely see anything so I stopped in my tracks.

“Come” Jane snarled.

I looked around wide eyed trying to track her voice. The lights flashed on, and the door slammed shut. I covered my eyes, cringed back and let out a slight whimper.

“Sit down” Jane demanded motioning me towards the empty corner.

I dove toward the corner and quickly faced forward to make sure Jane wouldn’t hurt me. I took in the décor, there was a velvet red rug covering the middle of the room, and brown bookshelf’s in all the walls, except the one I was leaning on, on the wall there was a huge water work painting of what looked like a Roman time scene.  Jane was pacing back and forth death staring at the books, her hands were in fists and she was growling with rage. Humans can’t growl … I pondered the thought. But none of this seems human or real to me.

“Are-are you okay?” I asked fearfully hoping to quench some of my curiosity.  

She growled some more, ignoring me. The door opened and closed in a flash, and before I could really process what just happened, there stood a tall dark brown haired boy, he was also pale like everyone else here, and his eyes were bright crimson just like Jane’s.

“Sister” He set his hand on Jane’s shoulder, not noticing me in the corner.

“I will not talk to a human, I do not want to guide her as a newborn either!” She lashed out.

The boy looked back at me his eyes lit up as he spoke.

“We’ll do it together sister, we can handle that responsibility.”

Oh, that must be Alec.

“I’m not a newborn…” I whispered.

“You will be” Alec responded emotionless.

I leaned back, looking at him they both were so scary but had so much beauty. Alec walked over to me and picked me up by my arm.

“I’ll take her to Aro so he can change her”

“No, she’s going to be bitten here.”

I let out a cry of terror.

“please!” what’s going on?!” I sobbed.

They ignored me once again.

“Aro has given full us responsibility for her, we change her not him, we train her, not him” Jane   continued.

“Very well then, would you like to sister?” Alec gently pushed me towards Jane.

I jumped back to Alec.

“Of course not” She snapped.

“Okay, I’ll do it” he said with serenity.

“Do wha-”

Before I could finish my question he sunk his fangs into my neck. I collapsed on the floor seizing in pain. Burning, burning rushing in through every part of me getting worse and worse, blood surrounded me from the bite in my neck. I screamed but could hear nothing from the burning that was consuming my ears. I finally knew what they were… vampires.

“Lets go, before I kill her myself” Jane said.

She rushed out the door, Alec followed closely behind looking back once giving me a warm smile.

“It’ll all be worth it” He spoke.

I cried out once again not wanting him to leave me here, I slowly laid my head back watching the room get darker and darker and darker….

-What do you think? Good so far? PLEASE comment and vote!  Next chapter will be up soon.