Chapter Eight

Aatikah's POV

"Excuuuuuse me, it's a Monday morning and I'm too tired, although I have no idea why, to be explaining o you that you're sitting in my seat!... ugh!"
"Oh! ... well, I've been here for over twenty minutes and no one said anything to me about someone occupying this space already, besides there are still empty seats you can take"

"Ooohh... I got here by 6:30am, I would have dropped my bag but I had to grab something to eat, there was no one around and so I couldn't tell anyone to reserve the space for me, Gosh! I don't even know why I have to waste my time explaining this to you. Why don't you just be as nice as the scarf you're wearing, and act like you're supposed to,... find somewhere else to sit and do not make me uncomfortable... geez! I'm beginning to sweat already, how could they have just like ten air cons in this large hall! Hmph!"

This was so not how I expected to start my first day in the Uni, where on earth were my friends? we were unfortunately allocated different halls of residence, and we hadn't spoken since we moved in yesterday.

I didn't think there was any point in trying to talk sense into this saucy girl. I was about to get up to find somewhere else to sit,when...

"Busola! Busola!!... over here!" the girl beside me began to look around, I guess she was the one being called, it seemed like she finally spotted the person calling her and she bent to pick her bag up from the spot she had dropped it, she was about to turn when she stopped and stared at me, giving me one of those deadly looks that if I weren't as strong as I was, I'd have melted into the chair, I wasn't gonna give her the satisfaction of intimidating me so I stared back right into her eyes, I saw her cringe a little, but she spoke on after all,...

"Next time you come late to class, find a seat that has not been occupied, my name is Busola Coker and I don't give a f*ck what your name is, but trust me I'm not even on your top twenty list of people you want to f*ck with, much less my seat, your sorry ass should be glad I got somewhere better to sit, next time, you might not be so lucky."

As much as I badly wanted to give her a piece of her own cake, cos I sure was ready to make her eat her cake and have it, I decided to keep calm, my day may not have started well, but it would just get worse if I got into an uncalled-for-argument right now. With a straight face I replied...

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable in any way, I surely wouldn't have sat in this seat if I had known it was already occupied, please do have a great day"

"Hmph! Whatever!..." she flipped her red-dyed hair, almost in my face! And stalked off, I must admit, with all that 'hmph-ing', she did sound like my grandma. Lol

I watched her walk towards the girl that called her earlier and it seemed like she was narrating the whole thing to her, the poor girl tried to calm her down but she would have none of it, I tried to resist the urge to roll my eyes, but I failed, so I rolled it! I rolled it again! And again!! My eyes began to hurt and I laughed at my stupidity

"Girl you aiii?" I looked up to see Tina looking at me with a mischievous smile on her face, she took a seat next to me and nudged me, then whispered "What's got you cracking up all by yourself eh, tell me! Tell me!! Or is it a who.... Ooh please let it be a who?"

"Can you even hear yourself Tina? Early in the morning!... it's a who actually, but don't be disappointed when I tell you that it's a girl not the who you're hoping it to be, it's nothing serious though. Where are Munirah and Sumayyah by the way?"

"May called me this morning, she said she was prolly gonna be late, the taps on her floor aren't running, so she had to go through some trouble getting water... Munirah would be here soon, I have no idea why she's late though. How long have you been here now?"