Chapter Fourteen

UMAR'S POV

"What happened out there Nimah? One moment we're sharing the same ideas, and the next you're making me feel like it was the worst idea I could ever have come up with?... seriously, how do you see this ending? I think you've spoilt these kids too much"

I stop in my tracks, listening to mom and dad discuss, I was eavesdropping, and I knew it was wrong

Thanks very much for the reminder though, you remind me of Tik.
I say to my inner self as I carefully tiptoe towards dad's study room.

Whatever they were discussing, we might never get to know if I don't do things my way, I just hope I wasn't late to get the full gist.

"Come on Habeeb, I totally understand you. And trust me, like I said I didn't consider all those things that Umar said. we can't let the kind of life we're living define our kids's"

"I'm just scared Nimah. Love, I really am, if I could turn back the hands of time, I would change every messed up thing in our marriage. I swear I would. "

"I know Habibi, I believe you would. But you know, our marriage is not so messed up afterall?... we're blessed with such wonderful kids and God has made our lives so easy that they're very good and practicing muslims. Kids of nowadays you know, it's hard to find such among them"

"Yeah, Alhamdulillahi. You're right. And as long as I've got you, I believe everything would strongly fall into place soon enough "

There was silence in the room, and after some minutes I was hearing weird sounds.

Ugh... mom and dad, seriously get a room!

Well, in their defense, they were in a room, I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I still couldn't make much of what they said, apparently I was late. They prolly shared all the important details already.

I'd have another opportunity soon I know.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear the door to the study being opened. Heck, I didn't even hear any footsteps before hand! Where's my sixth sense when I need it the most!

Before I can get an answer, I fall right into the room, like a mango tree, my face hitting the hard polished wooden floor, my arms were sprawled on my sides and they hurt as hell, I groan in pain as I try to sit up and open my eyes. I'm greeted back with two pairs of large adult eyes staring confusedly at me and I resist the urge to cringe at a particularly LARGER pair.

Before I can process what just happened, my mom's rushed to my side and massaging my forehead, I begin to shuffle my brain for excuses, cos I knew she was only taking care of me to prepare me for questioning.

What was I going to say exactly?

What excuse did I have?

Luckily for me, I zoned out when I started hearing those weird sounds, so I don't feel too bad having eavesdropped.

Maybe I'd just tell them, that I was looking for the both of them to tell them something really important and I was about to knock when the door suddenly opened, and then... you know the rest.

Or... I could just say that I...

Ugghhh... it felt really bad that I was considering telling a lie. And worse I'd have to tell another to cover up the first one, and another again to cover up the next and another and another, and the cycle wouldn't just end cos I was more of the straight -to -the point kind.

Let's just do this.

I get up on my feet with incredible speed, wincing slightly as I felt a sharp pain rip through my head, Aw man! My head couldn't really be thinking of failing me now, I was gonna do the right thing!...