Chapter Fifteen

Aatikah's POV

"Pass the TV remote Tik, while I'm asking nicely"

Just who does this boy think he is?
I roll my eyes and clutch the TV remote tighter as if my brother didn't just say something to me.

"You know that I know that you can hear me loud and clear Tik.... I'M. LOSING. MY. PATIENCE. NOW.... GIVE. IT. TO. ME"

"Woah! Someone might just be losing all his teeth from too much gritting. What I don't understand is why you're willing to risk that happening when you could just save your teeth and energy and watch this match in your room"

I say finally beginning to consider putting him out of his misery

"Ya Allah! Why do women have to be so cruel? First, it was mom, she had to deny me breakfast just cos I didn't clean up my room when she's very much aware of the fact that the maids are still going to do the general cleaning. Now I had to have brunch instead and I presently want nothing more than to sit here and watch the midday match, but my super annoying sister would not just kindly go up to her room and watch her crazy Telemundo, which by the way she's not even paying attention to! Tik! You're even engrossed in your phone... who did I offend Ya Allah?"

I tap my chin and stare at my brother in mock confusion, obviously my looks just struck a nerve

"WHAT?!"
He asked, half shouting

"What?... well, I dunno if you're done talking ... cos I don't even know where to start...
For one, I know that what mom did this morning is called 'Home Training', she's doing it to save your future wife from so much work and stress. It's all part of discipline, period. So that would explain why she "cruelly" delayed your breakfast and made you clean your room first.

Plus it's not a bad thing if you have to take the stairs to get to your room to watch your match. Look at yourself little bro, you've put on so much weight you could pass for a pregnant woman in her second trimester, even I am so full of pity for your future wife and, trust me, women love men that come with the full package..."

I say pointing to my brother in all his glorious fatness. I knew I was exaggerating but he really was adding weight
My brother cuts me off before I'm done talking.
I try to suppress my laughter from erupting at my earlier comments but really you had to see my brother, mom was just spoiling him too much.

I honestly wasn't watching the TV, I guess I just wanted to annoy him this morning.
Well done Tik, nice early morning goals by the way!

"What I need right now 'big sis', is the TV remote, not some pep talk. Besides, Sumay... oh mahn! I mean, my future wife would be understanding enough and she'd know that it's not a man's job to clean his own room. As long as I keep stuffing her with money, nice clothes, jewelleries, scarves, shoes, bags and all that stuff that you guys go crazy over. Besides, we'd be sharing the same room, so why should I be the one learning how to clean the room!"

My brother finished and sat in defeat, slumping into the chair and taking in big gulps of air like his life depended on it.

But I wasn't letting him off so easily.

"I get your point, but there's one thing I can't seem to shake off my mind"
I said getting up from my seat and moving to the three-sitter where Umar was sitted. I sat beside him, and crossed my legs, wearing a serious face, he looked at me suspiciously and was about to get up when I dragged him back to the seat.

"You're going nowhere Umar, we're clearing this issue here, and now!"

I say trying to maintain my straight face