Chapter Eleven

Umar's POV

I sat patiently waiting for the driver to come. I checked my wrist watch for what seemed like the hundredth time, and I couldn't help but feel frustrated to be kept waiting for so long... Did I say earlier that I was sitting and waiting patiently??.... Haha! In my own way, trust me.

I was super excited to be going home. Most of the guys I was friends with, well... Not actually friends, more like people you hang out with when you're bored, or... You pass by their rooms and notice their doors open, then you peep In and see that they prolly need an extra hand, or leg, or face... Or the whole you! It really doesn't matter, I just categorize them generally as friends....

Okay, so they actually feel like it's childish to be excited about going home, telling me how much I'm a man now, and I don't even have to go home on for every single break I get, well, I'm so sorry to disappoint fellas, I'm a very grown up baby...*tongue out*.... Thing is, I grew up really attached to my mom and sis,... Not the kind so, that I crave their attention and all, its more the other way round.
I always have a feeling that my mom and sis want me around at every single chance they get.

It was clear on Tik's face the time we last saw each other at the seminar, that she didn't want me to leave, plus when she also said that she hadn't missed me at all and rather thought of her books the whole time, I mean that seemed so obvious that she was lying right 👉?

With my dad not being there most of the time we need him, except when he calls, or Skypes, or comes home like once in six months! It wasn't fair on us. Some kids would actually find it cool that their dad's presence is never missed in the bank, if you know what I mean.

We barely lack anything, and I'm grateful for that, but if I had to trade places with a poor kid that has his mom, dad and lovely sister, I'd do so with my eyes closed. There would always be that space in my heart that only a father could fit in, nothing more or less would help.

I heard a *ping* sound on my phone, and I checked to see that it was a message from Tik, explaining that her friend Munirah, was gonna be driving with us, and they still had to stop to pack her stuff at her hostel, she apologized for keeping me waiting.

'Its aii sis, take your time, I'm not in a hurry anyways'

Right. LIAR!!

I press the send button, and lock my phone, continuing to stare at my surroundings... I began to mentally shuffle through the groups of people around. It was funny how a lot of people weren't going home.

They were prolly mostly seniors, they'd already gotten used to the system and prolly found it no fun to be going on just a few weeks break.

I sighed and closed my eyes to relax,crossing my legs and trying to be comfortable.... Or not....

"You don't mind if I sit here, do you?"

I heard a soft voice whisper close to me. It didn't sound familiar at all, and I'd have thought the person wasn't referring to me if the voice didn't come from so near. I decided not to pay much attention, so I replied with my eyes closed.

"Of course not.... Feel free"

"You've been all by yourself, for almost an hour now, so I thought I'd keep you company for a while."

Oh, I actually thought you'd just leave me to be on my own, I say to myself, opening my eyes with a slight groan, I uncross my legs and stare straight ahead, killing two stones with a bird. I didn't want to meet her gaze and I certainly didn't want to be in her company, I don't know what was wrong with me but I just didn't want to!

"You look new here... Otherwise I'm pretty sure I couldn't have missed such a beauty...."

What was it with people calling me that! "Beauty"!! Like I'm some girl...ha!