Chapter 19

I felt sick. The room was spinning. I didn't want to belie any of it was true. They were right though. I had only met Harry a while ago. How can I even trust him?

Julie walked out with a smile on her face. "Okay. You're up. " I swallowed the lump in my throat and put on a big smile. No matter what, I was not going to let a boy ruin my future. I walked into the room with my head held high.

The interview went smoothly. By the end, we were both laughing. I shook their hand and walked out.

"So I take it it went well?" she asked,beaming.

"Duh! I can't believe we're so close."

"I know let's go celebrate." We went to a small cafe just down the street of our hotel. It felt good to be so close to our dreams. This was how it was suppose to be. Just me and Julie. I wondered if I was ruining it by hanging around Harry. I didn't even know what we were exactly. We never talked about a label. I didn't want to ruin my friendship with Julie just because of one guy. Her friendship is more important that. But was I really harming it? Or not? My head was starting to hurt from all this thinking. I was going in circles. I had to find out the truth.

"Earth to Sofia!"

"Sorry. I was just thinking."

"Harry?"

"Yeah. But I don't want to talk about him.I decided I'm going to take some classes studying theater if we get accepted."

"WHEN we get accepted. I told you. That interview was more of a formality. That's really good. I know you never could with your parents breathing down your back."

"Thanks to you. Seriously Julie, I don't know where I would be without you. You're the reason why I'm here."

"You can thank my father who has all the connections," she said."And money." I cringed when she said "money". I hate taking money from anyone. Julie's family was very well off but that was never a reason for our friendship. I always insisted on working in exchange for her father helping me out. Of course the amount of work I did never equaled the amount in which he helped me but I still felt better working.

Julie's eyebrows furrowed in her face."Don't feel bad Sofia. You know your family to us. Family is there for each other, in anyway. My father loves you like his own. Don't feel bad." She took my hand and squeezed it.

"Thanks. I've always loved you guys and everything you have done for me. Thank you."

"Don't mention it." She smiled and continued to eat.

I checked my phone to find 3 text messages from Harry.

*Hey*

*Good luck on your interview. I know you'll do good."

*Sofia?*

I was avoiding texting back but I knew eventually I would have to deal with this.

*It went great. Thanks* The text seemed a bit short and cold but I didn't know what else to put with the way I was feeling.

Julie and I paid the bill and starting walking back to our hotel room.

"Hey do you mind if I hang out with Gemma today? I'm helping her out with something."

"Yeah sure. Go ahead. Don't worry about me."

"You can call Harry."

"Wow. You really are trying."

"Yeah I mean you haven't seen him in so long. He probably just sat around his flat whispering "Sofia! Sofia!"

I rolled my eyes at her."Shut up."

"I'm serious. He probably put pictures of you up all over his flat and kissed all of them at least twice." She was laughing hysterically.

"You know whatever. Whenever you fall in love I'll be sure to make fun of everything the two of you do."

"Does that mean you're...." Her voice trailed of. I knew what she was going to say.

"No. I just meant....you know." I avoided eye contact with her as we made our way into the hotel lobby.

"But the other day-"

"I know,' I said cutting her off. " I think I was just caught up in the moment."

"Look Sofia, if you are you know.....in love don't hide it on my account. I'm being supportive no matter what."

"I'm not. I just took the time to reconsider. I do have strong feelings for him, I just haven't sorted them all out yet."

"Okay.... Whatever you say. I'm here no matter how you feel."

We rode in silence in the elevator. That was another thing I appreciated about our friendship. Silence wasn't awkward for us. We reached our hotel room and stepped inside. Julie headed to the computer. I assumed she was going to work on whatever project she was helping Gemma with.I got another text from Harry.

*Great. Want to celebrate tonight?*

This was my chance to confront him.

*Sure. What did you have in mind?*

*Anything you want. It's your night.*

I needed to find out if what Samantha and Maya was true. The only way I was going to find the truth is in his flat.

*Can we just hang out at your place? My arm hurts and I don't want to go out yet after what happened at the theater.*

I waited for his reply. The feeling inside my chest would not go away.

*Sure. Anything for you. I'll pick you up 7.*

*See you then.*

I was going to find out the truth one or another.