Chapter 32

Sofia’s POV

Julie and I were almost finished getting ready. I was finishing up Julie’s hair.

“I’m excited about tonight. It’ll be like old times,” Julie said.

“Me too. I’m ready to have an uncomplicated night,” I responded to her. “Okay I’m finished.”

Julie got up and examined her hair in the mirror.

“You’re a miracle worker with that curling wand,” she said continuing to admire her hair.

“One of my secret talents,” I replied. I heard the door knocked so I got up to open it. Andres was standing there with a navy blue blazer, dark grey shirt, and khaki pants. He looked really good.

“Wow. You clean up real nice,” I said to him. I was a little taken back.

He smiled and gave me a hug. “Thanks. You don’t look so bad yourself.”

“Thanks. I try,”

He went over to Julie and gave her a hug. “Both of you look beautiful.”

“And here I thought you had forgotten about me,” Julie said.

“Forgot about you? Never. You guys ready to go?” He asked.

“Yes. Let’s go,” Julie said. We got our purses and walked out the door. The cab that Julie had called for was already downstairs waiting. We got in and told the cab driver were to take us. Both Julie and Andres were silent for the whole ride. It wasn’t like to be quiet. We finally arrived at the restaurant after 20 minutes.   

“Wow. Nice place. Not too fancy. It’s perfect,” Andres said. I watched him as he looked around. He looked different. Not just because the clothes. I don’t know what it was. He just looked….different.

“Sofia. Come on.” He voice broke through my thoughts. We walked into the restaurant up and got seated. 

“What are you in the mood for?” Julie asked. 

“I think I want a steak,” I said scanning over the menu.

“Try something new,” Andres said to me. “Live a little.”

“Getting her to try something new would be the miracle of the century my friend,” my best friend said. “She’s so stubborn.”

“So sue me for not wanting to take the risk of ruining my meal.” I threw back at them.

“How are you risking ruining your meal? Never mind I don’t want to know. I have a feeling I’m going to get into an argument I won’t win.”

“Hmm such a smart boy,” I said smirking at him.

Julie was about to say something but she got cut off by her cell phone ringing.  “Oh I have to take this.  Sorry guys. I’ll be right back.”

I watched as Julie hurriedly walked away from the table.

“You guys seem like you really love it here,” Andres said.

“We do. We really do. It’s such a dream come true. I still cant believe it,” I said softly. 

Andres smiled at me.”I’m so happy for you. For both you.”

“Thanks. We miss you though. We really miss you. I wish you could stay,” I said surprising myself. I’m usually not this forward. 

“Me too. We’ll see what happens. I-“  

Suddenly Julie walked up.”I’m sorry guys. I have to go. That was Gemma on the phone. I need to help her with something. She has a really great opportunity at work and she really needs my help. I’m sorry. I know we were all looking forward  for this.”

“It’s okay. Go, go. If it weren’t for Gemma we wouldn’t be here. I understand,” I assured her.

Julie looked over at Andres. “Yeah it’s totally fine,” he said. “Don’t worry it about it. I don’t mind.”

“Thanks you guys are the best.” She kissed both of us on the cheeks then rushed out.

“I say we order some champagne. Let’s celebrate both of your success. You have gone through so much. Even now but your still here. You’re in this amazing school, you deserve a little celebration.”

“I’m not all that. Thank God for Julie. I don’t know what I would do without her. Or you,” I said to him.

The waiter came to our table and took our orders. A few minutes later he brought back the champagne.

Andres took the glass and he raised it. “To you and Julie.”

“And Gemma,” I added.

He laughed and said “And Gemma.”

I smiled as our glasses came together in the toast.

That’s the last thing I remember waking up. I looked around wondering where I was. This wasn’t my dorm room. My heart sunk as the realization hit me. I looked beside me to see Andres sleeping beside me. What the hell did I do?