Chapter 24

Harry's P.O.V

"You never cease to amaze me Harry." Sofia's words rang in my head.

NO!

"It's the little things."

I tried shaking off Sofia's words out of my head.

"You bring those things out of me." My own words stung.

I couldn't shake Sofia's voice out of my head. I felt like I someone had knocked the air out of my lungs. It hurt to think of her abandoning of me. She was the only person besides my sister who knew what happened. I began to recall the memory of telling her for the first time. We were at party where I found out Gemma knew Julie the prude.

For the first half hour I was just harmlessly flirting but somehow the conversation turned serious.

"You know you talk big game, but I think there's more to you."

"Of course there's much more," I replied, winking at her.

She punched me in the shoulder when she realized what I meant. "Ow. For a tiny girl you hit pretty hard."

"See you always direct the conversation some where else whenever its about you," she said with a serious face."Tell me something you've never told anyone else," she insisted.

"Why should I tell you anything?" I was starting to get angry.

"Because I already know one thing that no one else knows," she said angrily.

"And what is that?"

"You returned."

"What?"

She stepped forward, with confidence and got as close to my face as her height allowed.

"The day after you saved me, you returned. You didn't have to, but you did. I know that's nothing something you would have normally done. You want to know how I know?"

I nodded my head reluctantly.

"You were nervous.Don't get me wrong it was adorable but I know that's something no one else knows."

"I wasn't nervous," I snapped at her.

"Oh so now you're going to call me a liar?" she said with her hands on her hips.

"No but...I...." I sighed. I didn't know what to say. I was nervous. I had no idea why I went back. I wasn't a hero. I'm usually the guy girls wanna run over their car."Whatever."

I began to walk away from her.

"See, you're doing it again."

This girl was driving me crazy. I turned around quickly and said in her face "You don't what I do. You don't know me."

"Exactly. That's why I'm asking."

I knew what she was saying was made sense I just hated talking about myself or my past. Her eyes were longing. I took a big breath. This girl was getting inside my head. I was going insane.

"Why should I tell you anything? How do I know I can trust you? We just met for goodness sake."

"I was forced to trust you the very first night we met. I didn't know who you were or what you were like but I had no choice but to trust you. I had to trust you when you took me the hospital. I had too. So why can't you do the same? Let me help you."

"And why do you want to help me?"

"Because if it weren't for you," she paused and looked away for a brief second. " If it weren't for I don't know what would have happened. You helped me, let me help you.