1.2

The holidays passed but the snow still fell as the new year started. It was the first day back to Hogwarts while Estella, Cedric, and Padma were on the train talking about their holiday festivities. Estella had decided to clear her mind of anything or anyone that caused such a negative impact on her life. Although, the talk she had with her mother got her thinking more, she did her best to push it to the back of her mind.

The search of Sirius Black was still going on. Harry Potter had received a firebolt for Christmas from someone anonymous. Most everyone thought Harry to be lucky while some thought for it to be a dangerous trap from Sirius.

While the three were talking about the situation, a little knock came from the door of the compartment. They turned their attention to it as it slid open and Hermione Granger stood in the entrance.

"Hello, do any of you mind if I sit in here till we arrive?" She asked.

"Of course not," Estella answered with a smile.

Hermione smiled back and sat next to Cedric.

"Is everything okay?" Padma asked.

"Yes, well, I mean Harry isn't very happy that I requested for his new broom to be checked out and Ron, he's mad at me and my cat as silly as it sounds," Hermione explained.

"Well, you're always welcome to come to us," Cedric smiled.

"Thank you," Hermione said.

When they arrived back at Hogwarts, the four started making their way to a carriage. As they were walking, shouting could be heard from behind them. They turned to see Draco Malfoy snarling at some Gryffindor.

"Nothing like a new year," Padma said.

"Aren't you glad the project is over, Estella?" Hermione asked a little jokingly.

"Beyond glad. It's okay though, all of those months of torture will be paid back when we crush Slytherin in this next match," Estella said with a smirk.

The day of the match rolled around pretty quickly as the anticipation grew within the Ravenclaw and Slytherin houses. Students filled the stands while cheers filled the air. Blue robes followed by green robes shot around the arena. Ravenclaw started out strong but drastically fell out of the lead as time passed. Yet, that didn't stop the crowd from losing their spirit.

Estella, Padma, Cedric, and Hermione stood at their feet cheering on Ravenclaw as loud as they could. At one point, everyone could see Draco Malfoy run his broom into Cho Chang's side, knocking her off. Everyone watched in concern as she fell to the ground. Still conscious, she was taken off the field to the hospital wing. This sparked rage in everyone except the Slytherins. After a brief argument with Madam Hooch, Malfoy was suspended for the rest of the game.

Time went on and Ravenclaw wasn't picking their score back up. The winning score was won by none other than the Slytherins. Estella looked down at Malfoy who was not as ecstatic as the rest of his teammates. Instead, he almost had a look of disappointment. Estella shook it off and made her way out of the stands with her friends.

On the way back to the school, the four walked and talked about the game.

"I hope Cho is okay," Cedric said.

"Me too, according to the rules, Malfoy should be suspended from the next game as well right?" Hermione asked.

"Not really. Him as a Slytherin, it's a wonder that he was put out of the game in the first place," Cedric answered.

"We would've had a better chance at winning if he wouldn't have take out our best player," Padma stated.

"I wouldn't necessarily say she's the best player," a voice said behind them, "my old house elf is a better player than her."

"Go away, Malfoy," Hermione said.

"Excuse me, Granger, that's quite a rude thing to say to someone who is trying to make a conversation," Malfoy replied.

"Look," Estella started, stopping and turning towards the boy, "just leave us alone."

"Or what?"

"I don't understand, do you find joy in annoying people? We go out of our way to stay away from you, yet you somehow end up in our presence. Why?"

"You think I'm obsessed with you and you're friends?"

"Merlin, I hope not"

"If anything, Raney, you're the one ending up in my presence. There's a fine line between a crush and stalking."

"I can promise you that you're the last person I'd ever want to have any correspondence with."

By this time, Estella could feel rage starting to boil inside of her. Padma tried pulling her arm to signal her to let it go, but Estella pulled back.

"Is that so?" Malfoy smirked.

"Get over yourself," Estella spatted.

"I don't think I'm the one who-"

"No actually you are," Estella interrupted as a crowd gathered around the arguing pair, "you're an arrogant, immature, rude, cocky, selfish boy who spends his days doing whatever he can to gain approval of his peers and father. Even if that means tearing down others to get it. But for what? No one truly likes you Malfoy. You're the last person anyone would want to be friends with because the whole world revolves around you and if it doesn't for five minutes then it's a catastrophe for you. So don't tell me, Draco Malfoy, that I'm the one who needs to get over myself."

What felt like a minute of silence passed before Malfoy spoke up.

"Like you're any better, Raney. Walking around here like everyone should feel sorry for you. You think everyone should bow down to you because you're at the top of the class and know so much about astronomy. As if anyone cares! You probably think you look all big and tough trying to insult me but you're not. You're pathetic and a fool, and one day you'll end up like your father because of it."

That silenced everyone, even the birds and the wind. Shocked faces shot upon everyone's faces, including Malfoy who realized what he said. Many times Estella thought she had hit her breaking point, but she knew this was truly it. Everything her mother and friends had said about the boy standing in front of her went away. A few seconds passed before Estella drew back her first and swung it forward. No one held her back. She didn't even realize she had made the hit until she saw the boy on the ground holding his nose. Everyone broke the silence, Estella was still in shock. She had just punched Draco Malfoy. Draco Malfoy told her she would end up like her Father. She noticed that she had tears running down her face when she felt one go across her lips.

In the heat of the moment, while Malfoy tried to get up and Padma tried to usher her away as everyone around them broke into shouts, Estella came back to reality. She took off running through the hallways and up the staircases to a small balcony she discovered her first year at the school. Upon arriving, she sat down with her back against the wall. Putting her head into her knees, she started crying.

Time passed while snow fell and the stars came out. She says nothing at all, but simply stares upward into the dark sky and watches, with sad eyes, the slow dance of the infinite stars.

A/N: quote- Neil Gaiman (Stardust)

Heyyyyyyy so intense huh? I know they've fought a lot in these past 12 chapters and you may find that annoying but I mean I've been planning this fight for like ever and writing stuff to lead up to it is kinda hard. Anyways, I know this is a somewhat cliffhanger so I'll try to update as soon as I can. Thanks for reading and I hope you continue :)