3.0

The students of Hogwarts were in the Grand Hall waiting on Professor McGonagall to speak up. She was making adjustments to an old phonograph while they all chattered amongst themselves.

"Does anyone know what's going on?" Harry Potter asked Estella Raney and Padma Patil.

"Not a clue," Padma replied with a shrug.

"Maybe this is secretly the second task," said a red headed twin.

"Oh yeah, McGonagall is making the champions perform their best dance," said the other.

"Worst dancer," said Fred.

"Is thrown into the Acromantula cave," the two said in unison.

Estella huffed and rolled her eyes.

"Funny," Harry said with a straight face.

"Alright everyone, settle down," McGonagall started, "Now it is tradition for the Triwizard Tournament that the Yule Ball takes place. While it is fast approaching, I will not have the Hogwarts students look like fools. So, we will practice dancing here. Everyone grab a partner and then we will begin."

Estella watched as everyone groaned before peeling themselves off of the wall to find someone to dance with. She watched the crowd move in hopes that Draco was looking for her. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around expecting to see him, but instead Anthony Goldstein was standing before her with a big smile.

"Would you like to be my partner?" He asked with confidence.

Estella stood taken aback. She did not really talk to the fellow Ravenclaw, but she had always admired his kindness. She took one more glance at the crowd. When she did not see who she was looking for, she turned to Anthony and said, "I'd love to."

While the two danced and tried to stay off of each other's feet, they shared laughs over their similar sense of clumsiness. At one point, she looked over to see Draco staring at her coldly. Her smile turned into a frown, but she was not going to let him ruin the fun.

Later that day, Estella was leaving the library when she ran into Draco. He seemed completely different than the way he was acting before. He seemed nervous and Estella was curious to know why.

"Hello Draco, are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm alright, thank you. How are you?" He replied.

"Doing well actually"

"Oh"

"'Oh' what?"

"Nothing! I didn't mean it that way. I'm glad that you're doing well. I mean I would expect you to be doing well. After all-"

"Draco you're rambling"

"Sorry."

The two began to walk in silence. Estella felt at content, but she could also feel the tension growing within Draco.

"So, uh, Goldstein huh?"

There it is.

"Anthony? What about him?"

"Is he a good dancer?"

"Oh he's great. He's really funny too"

Estella knew what was happening and she could not help but play along.

"Is he?" Draco asked while his stature grew tense and voice became stern.

"He's very caring as well. He made sure not to step on my feet," Estella added with a smile.

"Well I think you should know that he's not all that great."

"Really?"

"Yes really. He's lazy and I hear that he cheats on exams."

"A rebel?"

"I just think that," Draco said before stopping.

"What?" Estella asked.

"I-I just think that you don't need to go to the ball with someone like that"

"Then who should I go with?"

"I don't know"

"Harry Potter?"

"No!" Draco replied immediately.

"Then who? You?" Estella said with a smirk. The boy's eyes went wide while his cheeks grew rosy.

"I mean, sure. Yes. I would say that I'm more practical than Goldstein. I know you better too. I can be funny as well and I-"

"I'm not going to the ball with Anthony" Estella interrupted.

"You're not?" Draco asked dumbfounded.

"Nope and I'm not going to the ball with you either," she answered as she turned to walk away.

"Why not?" Draco asked in an irritated tone as he tried to catch up with her.

Estella turned around quickly resulting in Draco having to stop in his tracks so that he wouldn't run into her.

"Because you haven't asked me," she said with a smirk. She watched Draco's eyes fill with relief. He took a deep breath and smiled lazily. He chuckled then asked, "Well then, Estella Raney, will you go to the Yule Ball with me?"

A moment of silence passed with Estella giving the boy a genuine smile.

"I'll think about it," she said sarcastically before turning back around to walk away. From behind her, she could hear Draco saying to himself,

"My goodness, what star was she made from?"

A/N: quote credit goes to me.

First things first. I've had this idea for MONTHS. Second, I know I didn't use the Yule ball announcement part word for word and such but I mean, sorry? Also. I hope this didn't suck! It was cute in my head so I hope it's cute in writing!

Also, I'm sorry the last chapter was terrible. I wrote it at midnight and I'm not myself at midnight.

I hope you enjoyed and continue reading :)